The IT Service Desk Supervisor will play a team leadership role as well as support the general management and oversight of the organization’s IT Service Desk junior staff and workload. The Supervisor will work in parallel with his/her team to provide front-line remote support of end users on hardware, software, operating systems, networking, telecommunications, and data issues. The supervisor is also charged with making sure the IT Service Desk operations run smoothly while preserving customer satisfaction in support of approximately 6,500 end users. The position requires supervisory skills experience, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to provide superior support and service to a wide range of internal, vendor, and external contacts.
The hours of operation for the Service Desk are 7:30am to 7pm and the Supervisor will be required to have flexibility to provide supervision to staff who begin working at 7:30am and to those who end at 7pm. The Supervisor should be prepared to work the early or late shift as needed.
o Review all incidents opened to ensure contents and priorities are correct.
- Manage the daily operations of the organization’s first level Service Desk team:
o Escalate incidents that have business impact.
o Review incidents by staff to ensure the appropriate resolution is documented.
o Manage escalated customer inquiries.
o Monitor, understand and generate key performance indicators such as ACD call statistics, average time to resolve and first call resolution.
o Review, analyze and generate daily, weekly and monthly reports decks.
o Evaluate customer satisfaction levels.
o Make recommendations to management for improvements in workflow and processes. Document processes as required.
o Communicate (written and verbal) effectively across all levels of the IT organization.
o Prioritize work and maintain a high level of professionalism in a highly dynamic work environment.
o When required, function effectively as an individual contributor (Help Desk technician) as workload necessitates and set a “lead by-example” tone within the group.
o Manage and participate in small-to-large IT Service Desk projects.
o Work with peers and managers within IT to create a smooth technical support experience.
o Supervise a team of 5 to 10 junior and entry level staff members.
- Manage staff including hiring, training, scheduling work assignments and conducting evaluations:
o Evaluate group and individual performances against predetermined, measurable goals.
o Ensure staff is following standard operating procedures and processes.
o Mentor staff to ensure career plans are established and implemented.
o Empower staff to grow their technical and communication skills.
o Conduct or coordinate training sessions as required.
o Conduct weekly feedback sessions with staff to communicate areas of improvement.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Technical and Education/Experience Skills
- 5+ years working in a Help Desk environment as a senior technician or supervisor
- 5 + years working in an IT Support environment including Service Desk, Hardware/Software deployment and end user support
- 4-year college degree with concentration in IT, Computer Science or Management, or equivalent experience
- Superior MS Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Help Desk ticketing software - Service Now or Remedy
- Solid background working with PC hardware and software with an emphasis on Microsoft environments
- Experience with security administration of user accounts and rights
- Overall knowledge of IT infrastructure components and how they interact
- Excellent reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IT service process frameworks (ITIL) a plus
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- Experience creating metric reporting packages
- Ability to set processes and lead others toward a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with peers and superiors
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Willingness to make changes or adapt as the situation dictates
- Ability to communicate and measure key performance indicators at both the staff and group level
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $21.5 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,650 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 790 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
Reit Management & Research - 2 years ago