Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking two Java Geo Spatial Developers to join our team in Alexandria, VA .
Key Role/Position Description:
- Support the full software development life-cycle of geospatial applications with focus on data analytics and visualization.
- Manage the development of new applications using Java/J2EE framework principally using Google Earth and other open source technology as appropriate.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of GIS and ability to support implementation using Google.
- Take a leading role in research, design, and implementation of solutions for GeoSpatial Visualization and other GIS related capabilities like GeoCoding
- Participate in product design and planning.
- Work in a team environment and share knowledge.
- Strong understanding of GeoSpatial Visualization tool like Google Earth or GIS tool like ESRII ArcGIS (including ArcMAP, ArcSDE, ArcObjects etc.)
- Previous specialization in GIS application development.
- Open source geospatial technologies and experience working with big data.
- Software Application development in an Agile environment.
- 10+ years overall development experience and 5yrs+ using Java/J2EE technologies.
- 3-5 years of specific experience developing in GIS (Google Earth Fusion Server, Google Earth Client, and Google Maps is the preferred application platform, ESRI ArcGIS, Bing Maps, or equivalent tools is a plus).
- Real project based experience in building out the underlying data services framework to provide dynamic feeds in the form of data (JSON, XML, KML) as well as data visualizations in the form of images (heat maps, thematic shading).
- Prior experience in Keyhole Markup Language (KML) schema, Web Feature Service (WFS) interface standard, Web Map Service (WMS) protocol, and Shapefile data format.
- Prior experience in various new remote sensing and other image-capture applications is a plus.
- Experience with DB development using Oracle 11g preferably on Exadata appliance.
- Experience with Oracle database Geo-spatial features is a plus.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Must be a US Citizen
- CBP Background Investigation (including police and credit check) required and must hold a current DoD secret clearance.
- Must be able to support the program on-site Monday – Friday.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong initiative and ability to perform with little supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits:
Health, Dental and Vision - Life and Personal Accident Insurance - Group Universal Life Insurance - Educational Assistance - Training and Development - Employee Assistance - Tuition Reimbursement Plan.