Clinical Applications Consultant
Job Location: Remote / Field Based
United States- Raleigh, NC area
This individual is a partner to the clinical customer through adoption and use of Life Technologies product portfolio.
Responsible for the provision of scientific application support and training on Life Technologies applications being utilized in both CLIA and GLP labs, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction. Support sales in the achievement of the order plan, by strategic planning and delivery of product line-specific customer support activities. The CAC is responsible for keeping up to date with product and state of the art scientific knowledge. The position is field based in Raleigh, NC, or surrounding area in the United States.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide initial training to customers at their own CLIA/GLP laboratories and at Life Technologies training locations
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to integrate the use of Life Technologies platforms into the laboratory workflow
- Provide information and direction to customers regarding applications and related products for the NGS, CE, qPCR, and RT-PCR systems, including kits, reagents, and ancillary devices
- Provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Introduce and support new products and applications
- Continuously updates scientific knowledge for support of customers
- Communicates effectively within team to enhance others knowledge
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- A technically savvy individual who can assess customer clinical needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success
- A problem solver with proven ability to overcome technical hurdles
- Technical training, technical customer service, clinical hospital, and/or medical laboratory experience preferred
- Customer minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns
- Concise and excellent communicator with the ability to get to the critical few requirements that will address customer needs
- Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field based activities across functions to support customer requirements. Individual will also need to balance and prioritize the requirements of several internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing environment, while managing time effectively
- A high degree of technical competence & confidence and ability to interface with the clinical customer and the scientific community to the highest levels
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, PhD preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Life Science
- Experience in NGS sequencing, Capillary Electrophoresis, qPCR, and RT-PCR
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, guidelines, and environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and accepts a challenging and exciting work environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer advocacy skills
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Fluent English- oral and written. Additional language skills are welcome.
- Primary area of responsibility: New England
- Computer and internet knowledge
- Valid driving license
Life Technologies - 16 months ago
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...