Department: Air Force Personnel Center
Agency: Air Force Personnel Center
Job Announcement Number: 8Z-AFPC-788743-726371-NRR
SALARY RANGE: $31315 to $40706/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, November 16, 2012 to Friday, November 23, 2012
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0318-05/05
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Kelly AFB, TX
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Employment of People with Disabilities - Schedule A, click here for additional information
Executive Order (EO) 12721
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Non-DoD Transfer ( OPM , VA , Dept of Labor, etc.)
Other Appointment Eligibilities (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
30% Disabled Veterans
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship Required
Must be able to Type 40 word per minute.
Prepares a wide variety of recurring and some nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documents and reviews and finalizes correspondence/documents prepared by others in handwritten or electronic drafts.
Reviews and processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, materials, publications, regulations, and directives. Screens incoming mail to identify what needs to be brought to the attention of the supervisor, referred to appropriate staff, rerouted to other organizations/offices, or handled personally.
Receives telephone calls, greets visitors, and ascertains the nature of the calls or visits. Based upon knowledge of the organization and its programs and operations, refers telephone calls and visitors to appropriate staff or office.
Maintains supervisor's calendar, coordinates meeting arrangements, and schedules meetings and/or conferences. Schedules appointments and meetings without prior approval in accordance with supervisor's policies and priorities, and coordinates with the supervisor as necessary.
Performs other clerical and administrative work in support of the office/organization. Establishes, updates, and maintains office records of various types that may be needed or will assist in the efficient operation of the office.
Uses multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents that often require complex formats, such as graphics or tables within text, editing and reformatting electronic drafts, and updating or revising existing databases or spreadsheets.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: I have at least fifty-two (52), weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04 level in the Federal Service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to successfully perform the duties of the position. An example of specialized experience is; use spreadsheet and data base software to create reports and databases, and operate word processing software applications to type, letters, memorandums, reports and correspondence; gather and summarize information from files and prepare material/documents for supervisor's use in responding to inquiries, recognizing which information is, or is not, relevant to issue at hand.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-05 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of extensive rules, procedures, operations, functions, and commitments applied to secretarial and clerical assignments to perform the procedural and administrative work of the office, such as screening calls and visitors, maintaining supervisor's calendar, preparing, reviewing, and editing documents, locating and assembling information for various reports, maintaining files/records, and making and preparing trip reports.
2. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports.
3. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
4. Skill in typing: a qualified typist is required.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8 0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, November 23, 2012
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 788743. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 .
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located here :
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If you are faxing any documents, click here for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144
- Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
- Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT: Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
550 C Street W Ste 57
Air Force Acquisition - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -