PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shares ownership of operational responsibility for building servers at the customer site(s) with the Clients Server Manager.
- Residents will take direction from the Server Build Project Manager
- Build Servers based on standardized procedures detailed in the Build Document and to meet agreed upon standards.
- Responsible for configuration, layout and performance tuning of servers.
- Residents will manage policies (attach, detach and remediate).
- Resident will have an understanding of custom attributes.
- Performance tuning in the environment when needed.
- Resident may have the ability to provision through "Ignite" and "Kickstart"/"Jumpstart".
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
- Residents will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience with Server technologies, Redhat/Linux, Solaris, and HP-UX. Experience with Veritas Volume Manager.
Redhat/Linux, HP-UX, and Solaris
Server Builds experience
Problem solving skills
Strong Documentations skills
Excellent Communication skills
Ability to execute.
EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of information...