Pathology transcription experience in a hospital environment strongly preferred.
1. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomic pathology.
2. Knowledge of computers and transcription/word processing/Dictaphone equipment.
3. Two years medical transcription or recent exemplary record from school of transcription.
4. High school diploma or equivalent.
5. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating both Behaviors and Operating Principles in all internal and external customer interactions. Performs duties with accountability, competency, innovation, collaboration, compassion and respect to create the best possible outcomes with exceptional customer experiences.
1. Performs transcription duties as appropriate.
2. Processes reports according to policy and procedures, communicating special issues and circumstances to appropriate personnel.
3. Adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
4. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System - 4 years ago
Memorial Hermann is a world-class health system with progressive medical centers located throughout Houston and the surrounding areas. Named...