Job Title: Senior Database Programmer
Job ID: 15415
Location: Wakefield,MA, US
Line of Business: Epsilon
About the Opportunity
Epsilon is looking for experienced Database Developers for our rapidly growing strategic database services organization. Selected applicants will work key client accounts as part of our Wakefield technology delivery team. The key area of focus will be in the delivery of database and data hygiene services. Applicants must be highly motivated with a desire to regularly learn new skills.
The primary focus of the Sr. Developer position is supporting the Strategic Database Services organization in the design, delivery and operation of integrated marketing database solutions. Responsibilities include:
* Interacting with the business analyst and client representatives to develop technical specifications that meet documented business requirements
* Designing and implementing data mobilization job streams that incorporate data hygiene, merge/purge, and data transformation processes
* Support implementation of business intelligence and marketing automation solutions
* Adhering to production standards in all work products and participating in the refinement of those standards to improve quality and productivity
* Documenting all work and facilitating support of ongoing operational responsibilities
* Providing requirements to the technology delivery group to improve product integration, internally developed infrastructure components, and application templates based on project experience.
* Participating in code review and acceptance process in order to improve methodology and delivery.
* Mentor junior developers and BSAs.
A minimum of 5 years experience in most, if not all of the following areas:
* Data Warehousing and Marketing Databases with deep knowledge of Oracle, Netezza or SQL Server
* Netezza experience is a plus.
* Database design, tuning and management.
* Data hygiene and merge/purge applications (Firstlogic preferred)
* Extract, transformation and load (ETL) applications
* Marketing application technology, including decision support systems, OLAP, modeling and analytics, and campaign management tools
* Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems
Other requirements include:
* Demonstrated experience working on teams in a matrix organization structure
* Excellent written/oral communication skills.
* Ability / willingness to travel (10% or less)
* Application programming experience with JAVA, C/C++, HTML, XML, UNIX scripting
We seek people who are customer service orientated (i.e., who makes an effort to listen and understand both internal and external team/customers, anticipate team/customer needs, and give high priority to team/customer satisfaction),who pay attention to the feelings and needs of others, and manifest a strong bias for action and achieving results.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
Compensation and Benefits
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background checks.
Epsilon is the industry's leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world's largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data - 18 months ago