Description: This high-energy, hands-on professional must have knowledge of and experience in all aspects of human resources including recruitment; employee relations; compensation and benefits; employment law; organizational development and proficiency in electronic administrative systems and applications. |
1. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the mission of the KSU Foundation as it relates to the educational, research and service goals of the University with the ability to communicate the institution ’s needs and priorities – both internally and externally.
2. Establish and nurture effective, collegial working relationships with foundation coworkers, university partners, and donors.
3. Promote and demonstrates respect, collaboration, and friendly customer service in all working relationships.
4. Serve as a coach and confidant to senior leaders on HR related concerns.
5. Develop and implement a talent acquisition structure and plan.
6. Create and implement programs involving succession planning and talent development.
7. Coordinate the performance management program for staff, including monitoring goals and competencies, coaching and mentoring staff, and administering a pay for performance program.
8. Responsible for administration of employee benefits. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance with provisions of ERISA, IRS, Department of Labor, etc.
9. Serve as the plan administrator and a fiduciary for the foundation ’s 403(b) defined contribution plan for employees.
10. Lead and provide direction to direct report(s), including establishing objectives, measuring results, and ensuring employee accountability and development.
11. Protect interests of employees and the foundation in accordance with human resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
12. Develop or modify and implement comprehensive compensation plans that are competitive.
13. Direct the foundation-wide orientation program to ensure new employees gain relevant, timely information necessary to understand the mission and vision of the foundation and their significance as a team member.
14. Oversee the functions of payroll preparation and administration.
15. Oversee the maintenance of personnel records for current and past employees.
16. Serve as a mediator, counselor, and facilitator in addressing disputes between employees and their supervisors or coworkers. Coordinate and participate in disciplinary and/or termination proceedings.
17. Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain organization of policies and procedures.
18. Responsible for the development of the annual HR budget.
19. Ensure company is compliant with all Federal and State employment laws and legislation.
20. Perform other work related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree required. Professional certification as PHR or SPHR preferred. Master ’s degree in business or human resource management preferred but not mandatory.
- 10 years experience in HR Management. 5 years experience with a fundraising organization preferred.
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development.
- Knowledge of federal/state employment rules and regulations required.
- Conflict resolution skills required.
- Experience working with succession planning, performance management and talent development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; organizational and interpersonal skills. Detail orientated, self-starter, team player and the ability to work with little supervision. Well-developed administrative skills. Computer experience in word processing and spreadsheet applications required. Confidentiality important. Must be of excellent moral character.
- Must speak effectively before large or small groups. Must have a good command of written and spoken English.
The Kansas State University Foundation was established in 1944 as the official fundraising organization for Kansas State University. It is a...