Our client designs and manufactures energy-efficient power conversion and power management solutions, including inverters for alternate/renewable energy (solar and wind) and products for routers, data storage and servers, wireless communications, optical networking, semiconductor test equipment, industrial markets and custom applications. The client, with headquarters in Camarillo, California, has global sales offices, manufacturing, and R&D operations in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
The Renewable Energy Solutions SBU at the client designs, manufactures and sells inverters and related infrastructure products for the solar and wind markets. The client’s newest facility supporting the Renewable Energy Solutions group is located in Phoenix, Arizona and it will produce its industry-leading photovoltaic and wind inverters, including single phase (2-6KW) and three phase string inverters, and NEMA 3R 250KW and 300KW central inverters.
The role of a Design Cell Leader is that of a highly competent and experienced product design engineer. As such, the right candidate will be a key member in the new Engineering organization in North America for Renewable Energy.
Renewable Energy is committed to a business model that heavily relies on avant-garde innovation and will strive to maintain its present market leadership position through the development of state of the art products while at the same time working on the latest technologies in the field.
The right candidate will be instrumental in helping advance the field of Renewable Energy by playing a most important role in the development of highly innovative technologies and product solutions while operating under a 21st century model of Open Innovation.
The right candidate will focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for the development of new state of the art products in areas related to power electronics in the field of renewable energy as a team member in one of the Design Labs
- Supports Sr. Staff Engineer in the exploration of new technologies in the avant-garde of technology in power electronics
- Supports and mentors Sustaining Engineers (Junior Engineers) in the improvement of existing products
- Participates in the conceptual stage for new R&D projects, including the prototyping phase
- Keeps up to date on the latest technologies and solutions in the area of expertise
- Leverages and participates in the Open Innovation network of experts and partners
- Supports the development of the organization technology roadmaps
- Helps develop the R&D organization during its aggressive growth stages
Love of learning, innovative and creative lateral thinking, multitasking, passion for product design and engineering, team work, flexibility, energy, willingness to explore latest innovation techniques, committed to meeting personal commitments, plus:
- Master or PH.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, with focus on Power and/or Energy Engineering
- At least 15 years of hands-on relevant experience in industry in the development of single and 3-phase medium to high power inverter topologies – grid connected inverters a plus
- Hands-on experience in topology and control simulation tools – Matlab/Simulink a plus
- Good understanding of high power MOSFET and IGBT semiconductors – IGCT a plus
- Good understanding of magnetic – FEA simulation a plus
- Basic understanding of fast real-time prototyping of control strategies/algorithms for the above converters a plus
- Industrial product development experience a must
- Renewable Energy experience, including North American standards, a plus
Open Systems Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard