Under the direction of the Manager of PC Services, the PC Services Technician I provides second level support to end users and is involved in resolving hardware and software problems in a multiple platform environment.
- Under the direction of the Manager of PC Services, provides second level support to end users
- Acknowledge and resolve user service requests utilizing the service request management system
- Applies standard principles, concepts and techniques toward the identification and resolution of user problems
- Resolves problems of limited scope
- Interacts primarily with other PC Services staff and Manager for assistance and direction
- Escalates more difficult user issues as appropriate
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Some college education or formal training
- 0-1 years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel to off-site locations
Under the direction of the Manager of PC Services or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 60lbs (monitors, PCs and printers)
- Provision of multi-site support as assigned
- Early & late shifts as assigned
- Full participation in departmental moves (including evenings and weekends as necessary)
- Must be proficient in support of Macintosh, Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Hardware to include Intel Mac, Intel PC.
- Windows software includes Windows 8, 7 and Windows XP. Microsoft Office 2010. Office 2011 for MAC Mac OSX 10.8 and below, VMware Fusion, OSX Mail. Entourage and Outlook. Some Linux experience. Big plus would be a comfort level with Ubuntu 12 and below, Linux Mint and Red Hat.
- Comfortable with supporting wireless devices.
- Able to use Windows/Apple troubleshooting Software.
- Configure and setup network printers
- Adobe Acrobat proficient a plus.
- Image Creation Big Plus
- Comfortable with remote access tools i.e., r emote assistance, remote desktop, Apple Remote Desktop-ARD
- Malware/Spyware/Virus Remediation on Windows and Mac platforms.
University of Massachusetts Medical School - 13 months ago