Austintown Local Schools
Internal Transfer Only
- 4:30 PM
Due to the transfer of Brenda Wensyel, current employees may bid on the 12-month secretary position.
The Secretary performs secretarial duties and responsibilities in support of the transportation supervisor and the entire school district to include but not limited to staff, students, parents, and community. Receiving and directing visitors, in accordance to their needs. This position is available at the negotiated salary rate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform clerical functions.
- Schedule and close all field trips in accordance with OAPSE contract. Scheduling may include meetings, field trips, transportation, and various school related activities.
- Maintains current and accurate call out list of drivers and substitutes.
- Must possess a high level of
understanding of school transportation rules and regulations governing pupil transportation and/or department operations.
- Attend in-service training and meetings as required.
- Operate and maintain routing, field trips, video and GPS programs.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, reports and other materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and conveying information (purchase orders, budget reports, etc.)
- Process documents and materials for the purpose of dissemination information in compliance with established administrative guidelines. (time sheets, work orders, requisitions, etc.)
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the building or department administrator.
- Possess strong organizational skills, a high level of confidentiality, and a high performance standard, detail oriented, with attention to accuracy.
- Favorable BCII/FBI checks.
- Excellent clerical skills, and knowledge on the operation of office equipment.(fax, copier, multi-line phone system, etc.)
- Must possess strong computer skills and have a working knowledge of office processing programs.
- Ability to use a map in connection with other tools to locate students and place them at an appropriate bus stop is a priority.
- Strong interpersonal skills. professional, approachable, personality.
Building and/or department administrator, Superintendent or designee.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation to classified personnel.
SKILLS TEST WILL BE ADMINISTERED
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Employees are to complete all information requested on the Classified Bid Sheet and return sheets to the Board of Education Office no later than
3:00 PM on Tuesday,
February 12, 2013
. Bid sheets may be obtained in the building main offices, with cafeteria managers, head custodians or at the Board of Education Office.
All others should apply on-line at
Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview
Austintown Local Schools - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -