Wise Alloys is a complex manufacturing facility requiring a variety of skills. Whether you're ready to work in our high-tech mill, in our sales department or on our administrative staff, consider a career with Wise Alloys.
Wise Alloys is an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. As such, Wise Alloys always seeks to attract and retain the best qualified people available.
Primary duties include:
- Manage UBC melt and EMC/DC casting operations in a culture of safety, housekeeping, and quality without compromising volume and cost
- Manage operations to ensure safety and housekeeping standards are maintained while achieving quality, volume, and cost standards consistently in a fast-paced, heavy manufacturing environment
- Reports directly to Sr. VP-Manufacturing/Plant Manager
- Accountable for performance management for multi-site operation leading employees and executing on key performance indicators including safety, housekeeping, quality, productivity, and cost
- Promotes/facilitates problem-solving and continuous improvement in safety, recovery, delivery performance, lead-time and flow time, inventory levels, costs, asset utilization, and system capability
- Fosters partnership between production and maintenance to proactively work toward 100% equipment availability
- Mentors and develops subordinates for advancement in the organization
Posting Date: February 15, 2013
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled
- Bachelors degree in a technical or related field with minimum 5 years supervision/management experience in casting or a related area; OR equivalent work experience of minimum 10 years supervision/management in fast-paced, heavy manufacturing operations, preferably casting/melting
- Relies on extensive experience to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong problem solving, judgment, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated record of continuous improvement and proven leadership ability
- Passionate about safety, housekeeping and engagement of employees
- Proven track record of successfully executing business objectives
Date Position Available: Immediately
- Casting/melting experience in 24/7 operation
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing, 5S, and other management concepts/methodologies
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The successful candidate must pass a drug screen as well as undergo a background screen which includes, but is not limited to, criminal, employment, and education verifications.
Affirmative Action Policy:
Wise Alloys LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving excellence and strength through diversity.