The Systems Administrator position will be responsible for developing, configuring, installing, and maintaining technology in a multi-platform mission critical environment. This professional will participate in departmental projects by assisting in the development of project plans, documentation, and performing of project tasks. Responsibilities also include performing daily system maintenance tasks and participating in Systems Admin on-call duty. Additionally, this person must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment where projects may take as little as a few days from conception to deployment.
LifeLock, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA/M/F/D/V
- Setup, tune, and manage applications and servers for development, QA/staging, and production environment
- Monitors, administers, troubleshoot, and repair servers and its applications, keeping system information up-to-date
- Assists manager in the planning and design of the company's computer and network systems
- Establishes and maintains systems and application users, user environment, directories, and security
- Responds to the needs and questions of users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs
- Remains abreast of changes in user and system software and hardware requirements
- Keeps operating systems and software packages up to date with all necessary patches
- Maintains backups of all necessary files
- Successfully interact with peers and other organizations to resolve application and customer issues.
- Test and deploy new application/OS releases and patches.
- Document and update procedures and processes as necessary.
- Maybe asked to be on call and perform additional duties as required.
- Works with, and may lead, Systems Administration Team on various projects
- Maintain ISO Security Compliance Requirements
- 5+ years experience with Redhat and/or CentOS installation, configuration management and patch administration in an Internet services environment.
- MUST HAVE Hands-on experience with configuration and maintenance of common web based applications such as Apache (1.x/2.x), Java based application Server architectures such as Tomcat, WebLogic, IIS, MySQL, SQL Server, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, SNMP, etc
- Solid experience with shell scripting.
- Proven ability to automate common administration tasks on multiple operating systems, including Windows.
- Experience working with load balancing technologies and web server farms
- Experience with SAN storage, Dell/IBM servers, Blade server technology; VMware
- Must possess a strong ability to document standards, methods and produce drawings of environments.
- Basic Project management principals
- Must be a motivated self starter with attention to detail
- Team oriented performer, focused on the tasks and goals of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that's positive and inspiring for our team of diverse and passionate people. We're constantly...