Supervise, train, schedule and evaluate Bell Persons, Door Persons and Drivers ensuring that all procedures are performed to the hotel's standards. Lead team in serving guests in a hospitable manner to ensure positive guest experience during arrival and departure.
Monitor and maintain the condition of lobby, hotel entrance, bell desk and luggage storage areas.
- Evaluate the staffing requirements and prepare work schedules weekly, adhering to budget goals. Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work to staff. Assign specific tasks as they arise to the staff according to the rotation sequence.
- Ensure that the Bell Desk is attended at all times; that all posting positions are maintained.
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each associate (arrivals/departures, group functions, etc).
- Ensure staff's knowledge of hotel services, features and amenities.
- Answer telephone promptly, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette. Document guest calls/requests for Bell Person assistance.
- Maintain security and accurate record of all guest room keys issued to Bell and Door Staff.
- Monitor and ensure that Bell and Door Staff perform their job functions to the hotel's expected level of service.
- Conduct performance appraisals of designated staff pursuant to HEI policies and procedures.
- Determine and provide training needs to staff.
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Coordinate group luggage requirements.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment/supplies.
- Prepare work orders for equipment repairs and distribute to Engineering.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records and tip distributions.
- Ensure that all pertinent information is documented in the log book daily.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Superior communication skills to provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons. Motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family’s needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our ‘YouDecide’ and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
HEI Hotels & Resorts
- 3 years ago - save job
At HEI Hotels & Resorts, we are committed to associate development. In order for us to be successful, we need to attract, train and...