Will create or modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Creates computer-based and web-based training courses using development software and distributive learning methodologies. Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Develop and direct programming, documentation, and testing and validation procedures. Independently develop entry and advanced level courses. Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met. Acts as liaison between development team and training development team to determine needs of course and appropriate method(s) of delivery.
Job competencies/Duties and Responsibilities (Overall Company Responsibility)
Job competencies/Duties and Responsibilities (Financial Responsibility)
- Responsible for helping MAT achieve company-wide annual revenue goal.
Job competencies/Duties and Responsibilities (Departmental Responsibility)
- Seeks ways to reduce company costs and increase productivity.
Education and Knowledge Requirements
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Perform assigned duties successfully with frequent interruptions and time pressures.
- Possess professional demeanor at all times
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- BS/BA degree preferred or significant years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years eLearning experience in technology-based course development.
- Two to four years experience with web-based, computer-based training programs.
- Experience with SCORM and LMS systems.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- CBT or Web-based course development experience.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented; productive without compromising quality.
- Outstanding knowledge of proper language usage and conventions.
- Familiar with technical writing methods and common marketplace standards and styles.
- Ability to be a part of a team with a variety of professionals.
- Strong ability to produce training programs using Flash and other eLearning tools.
- Familiarity with authoring training tools.
Location: Temple, TX
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, figures, computer terminals, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware & equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking, and listening.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Work is classified as sedentary with the requirements of exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Limited to no travel.
McLane Advanced Technologies, LLC (MAT) provides a full range of Logistical and Information Technology Services for Government and Commercial clients. Join a winning team today! Each applicant must be able to obtain a security clearance upon hire. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.