Job Category: Operations
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 815082-96273
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
The Xbox Live Video Marketplace is looking for an experienced IT Operations Manager responsible for the infrastructure service that supports industry leading content ingestion, encoding and publishing of Hollywood Movies and TV shows to the Xbox Video Marketplace. This service entails supporting a high security compute environment that operates independently of Microsoft’s corporate network and under the best practices as outline by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). The environment is incredibly diverse & dynamic, utilizing leading edge technology.
In addition the technical qualifications the experience with the following is a plus:
- A successful candidate will possess the following core technical qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Sr. systems engineer and proven leadership capabilities
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Environments 2003/2008
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Client Environments XP/Vista/7
- Strong understanding of Active Directory administration including Group Policy Objects
- Senior level experience with networking technologies (switches, routers, firewalls) and networking concepts & theories
An ideal candidate is a well-rounded professional with a genuine enthusiasm for technology and an interest in helping people achieve more through the careful implementation of information technologies within a “start-up” like environment.
- Experience managing and design of larger storage environments (SAN, NAS, iSCSI)
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst Network Switches and Cisco Nexus Series Switches, Firewalls
- Experience managing and using Linux Server/Client Environments (Ubuntu, SuSe, RHEL)
- Experience with the Microsoft System Center software suite
- Experience with high speed WAN/LAN file transport technologies (Signiant, Aspera)
- Experience managing Content Distribution Networks (CDN)
Microsoft - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...