Principal Programmer Analyst
Staples’ is the #2 E-commerce business in sales volume in the North America and also operates in an addition 24 countries in Europe, South America, Asia and Australia. In support of these businesses, a Staples Global eCommerce Center has been established with the following objectives:
Driving faster, bolder innovation through a strategic and coordinated approach across e-commerce businesses across the globe, specifically:
- Strategy and innovation
- Technology and e-commerce platform decisions, jointly with IT
- Website feature and functionality roadmaps
- Ensuring consistent excellence in multi-channel online user experience across all businesses and markets
- Continuously extending proven site optimization approaches across SBUs to drive incremental sales & profit on a global basis
The Principal Analytics Engineer will support the delivery of solutions through the internet in support of the Site Optimization team. The Site Optimization team’s responsibility is to drive revenue for all Staples websites through analytics. This includes tracking, reporting, testing, and leveraging analytics information through product recommendations. The Site Optimization team works on websites with overall combined revenue greater than $10 billion. The Site Optimization group works with merchandising and marketing organizations as well as business units responsible for websites.
The role of the Principal Analytics Engineer is that of an enabler and therefore must be able to communicate ideas coherently to less technical audiences. ThePrincipal Analytics Engineer must be a solid practitioner of web technology and should understand concepts of web application architecture and design. Above all else, this individual must possess the qualities needed to deliver production quality work at a rapid pace.
Successful applicants will possess a combination of exploitive thinking, strong collaboration skills, and a passion to deliver high value business solutions working directly with the business. Individuals that want to grow their web tier proficiency into expertise will fit into this team. In particular, the ideal candidate should have experience building web applications with a focus on front end development. In addition, candidate will have an understanding of enterprise computing from consuming web services to working with databases and want to apply this skill set directly to driving revenue through analytics.
- Work with Consultant App Developer to implement solutions that support the analytics engineering and site optimization team goals.
- Develop tooling that supports analytics goals.
- Work with 3
party vendors for integration into web tier and to deliver solution in 3
party vendor’s SDLC
- Work within existing SDLC processes to deliver solutions that require joint development with Staples IS.
- Responsible for maintaining and creating analytics extracts by collating data from enterprise and transporting to Omniture.
- Deliver POCs to enable more revenue growth.
- Be available for all stages of deployment including launching new work into production.
Essential Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
- 4+ years working with web technology
- It is necessary to be proficient in HTML, CSS, DOM, XML, and JSON.
- It is necessary to be functional in linux, Unix, and Windows environments.
- It is necessary to be able to build a web application/web service from the ground up using available technology like .Net, JEE, Ruby, PHP, etc.
- It is necessary to be functional with shell scripting and moving data between systems.
- It is necessary to be functional working with SQL and NoSQL data sources and ETL.
- It is necessary to be familiar with web security, DNS, and SSL.
- It is necessary to be able to leverage web services from a browser using AJAX.
- It is necessary to be familiar with cross browser development.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace and commit the hours needed to deliver.
- Familiarity with Adobe Site Catalyst, Adobe Test And Target, and Ensighten a plus.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 2 years ago
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...