Every day at PayPal, we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact! We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can''t find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place.
Senior PL/SQL Software Engineer
- advanced PL/SQL development
- mentoring other developers
- delivering complex and time critical projects
- lead design, development and implementation of technical systems
- responsible for delivering robust, resilient solutions
Required Skills: (The Successful Candidate Applicant Will Possess the Following):
- technical expertise (5+ years) in PL/SQL development
- 8+ years of overall technical experience
- PL/SQL tuning & performance (3+ years)
- experience working closely with a Java application development team
- ability to work in a team or individually
- experience in batch processing
- experience in Oracle 10g or 11g
- experience with batch processing using Oracle external tables, bulk techniques, bulk collections, bulk exceptions and partitioning
- ability to debug, troubleshoot, and solve complex PL/SQL issues, and the ability to reverse engineer existing PL/SQL code into functional requirements
- experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin or ER/Studio
- experience using source control software such as Subversion or CVS
- experience in high availability (24x7) and high throughput transactional systems
- ability to create functional requirements and technical designs from business requirements
- strong knowledge and use of SDLC methodologies, standards, and procedures with experience in promoting database changes from development through production environments
- ability to create functional requirements and technical designs from business requirements, and effectively communicate technical decisions to non-technical staff
- experience working in large teams and able to collaborate efficiently
- OLTP processing
- basic understanding of UNIX environments
- some ETL development
- experience with Informatica is a plus
- a background with Finance / Banking is a huge plus
- Perl CGI a huge plus
- excellent written and verbal communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is required and MSCS preferred
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 106 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce.
At PayPal/eBay, no matter which of our offices, brands, or locations you call home, you’ll discover consistent benefits that are intended to support you—in your work, your life, your passions, and your future. This is where innovation meets reality! Are you an individual who is ready to grow and join our global community? Would you just like to know more about our latest and greatest projects? We would love to talk to you about it!
More information about our other exciting positions can be found at https://www.jobs.ebaycareers.com.
eBay companies are proudly EEOC compliant
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...