Imagine what you could do here. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our departments, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the company objectives.
The Student Dispute Resolution Facilitator II position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Student Dispute Resolution Facilitator II individually facilitates informal resolution of student related conflict. This position reports to the Director of Student Facilitation & Mediation.
Essential Job Duties:
• Neutrally facilitate dispute resolution without being an advocate for any involved party; serve as an advocate for fairness of the resolution process.
• Use dispute resolution techniques to calm and deescalate upset callers.
• Exercise discretion and tact while interacting by telephone with students, faculty, staff and administrators while helping them reach a facilitated informal resolution.
• Daily exercise individual judgment and use experience to problem solve creatively, in light of BPI policy, University policy and legal principles.
• Exercise individual judgment to make reasonable conclusions and recommendations for the resolution of the complaint.
• Safeguard student information and be mindful of confidentiality.
• Draft mediation/dispute resolution related correspondence, update paper and e-files and document information using specialized databases.
• Daily document interactions with parties and with University personnel in a specialized database/tracking system.
• Other duties and responsibilities as needed
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Familiarity with conflict theory, stages of mediated problem solving and knowledge of mediator ethics.
• Familiarity with principles of negotiation and facilitated negotiation.
• Ability to manage emotions.
• Ability to draft mediation documents and superior writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to write clear, concise and accurate correspondence to students and individuals within the organization.
• Working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations relating to student rights and responsibilities.
• Developed skill working as a member of a team with a willingness to support the overall success of the team.
• Possess good judgment and discretion when interacting with internal and external constituencies.
• Works nights and weekends to meet established timeframes as necessary.
• Travels between Bridgepoint’s various locations in San Diego.
• Travels to campus locations in Iowa and Colorado as necessary.
• Valid Driver’s License and proof auto insurance.
• Proof of attainment of academic degree(s) after extension of offer and before starting employment.
• Demonstrated experience working with students.
• Experience and/or training in resolving conflicts between individuals and groups
• 8-10 years of related job experience.
• Must have 4 or more years of experience of prior experience in higher education.
• A minimum of 32-hours of conflict resolution training.
• Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated excellent writing skills with the ability to use the rules of Standard English grammar.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher).
• Bachelor's degree required, majors in liberal arts or dispute resolution preferable. Masters degree in student affairs, dispute resolution, law, or related field preferred.
For additional information about our organization, please visit www.bridgepointeducation.com.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note: This opportunity of
employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive
of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check
investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior
employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify.
To learn more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...