The City President serves as the senior banking officer for Compass Bank in a market with responsibility for the sale of retail and commercial products. The City President IV position is responsible for a portfolio of managed loans of at least $150 million, Loans and deposits of at least $200 million, and Pre-Tax Income of at least $4 million. Entry into this position requires approval by EVP, Corporate Banking and EVP, Human Resources
The incumbents key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a business plan to ensure that Compass Bank meets key goals in the key performance areas of: loan growth, deposit growth, non interest income growth, non-interest expense control and pre-tax profit attainment.
- Developing and maintaining key business relationships with local government officials, civic leaders, City Advisory Board members, business leaders, current customers and prospects. Effectively interface with Compass personnel such as the regional loan administrator, investment and mortgage specialists and retail and commercial banking administrators. The City President also represents the bank at various civic and business functions, serving in leadership capacities on civic and non-profit boards.
- Gaining and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the area economy, influential people, history and culture.
- Managing the citys staff of employees by recommending staffing levels, selecting and training employees, establishing job responsibilities and performance standards, administering compensation programs and managing staff performance consistent with bank policy and sound management practices. On the retail side, the City President directly manages banking office managers and Premier Banking Officers (professional/executive/affluent banking). On the commercial side, the senior lender may be a direct report with commercial officers indirectly reporting.
- Supporting and growing the commercial banking business by actively prospecting for new business, leading/participating in the credit structuring, pricing and approval processes and supporting commercial relationship managers whenever possible.
- Supporting and growing the consumer banking business by executing corporate sales programs, providing guidance and training to sales staff and managing to the plan.
- Supporting other Compass Bank lines-of-business (Asset Management, etc.) and promote cross sell programs.
- Managing expenses by formulating an annual budget, approving budgeted expenditures, tracking expenses and adjusting where appropriate and promoting fiscal responsibility among the staff.
- Addressing and solving individual and systemic problems.
- Serving on or leading various task forces or groups as required.
Qualified candidates will have 12-25 years banking experience. A portion of this will have been with a regional bank the size of Compass and a significant portion will have been in a community banking market. The candidate will have broad banking expertise in both consumer and commercial banking. The typical market size for a City President IV will comprise Loans of at least $150M, Loans and Deposits of at least $200M and Pre-Tax income of at least $4M.
The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA Compass....