The public transit planner/analyst contributes to transportation planning and management consulting projects in the surface transportation industries under the direction of senior staff. The planner/analyst responsibilities and job activities include:
· Assist with development and documentation of analyses supporting the development of route alternatives for transit properties.
· Assist with design, build and document financial and transportation oriented spreadsheet computer models
· Statistical analysis of transportation and demographic data including draft reports of findings.
· Collect and analyze comparative data from industry sources.
· Contribute to design and help conduct/coordinate data surveys, tabulate and analyze survey findings.
· Check and validate models, forecasts and valuations.
· Attend project meetings with public officials, engineers, planners and transportation system users.
· Prepare meeting minutes.
· Perform other duties as required to support transportation planning and management consulting practice.
Training and Experience
The position of public transportation planner is typically filled with a technically oriented planning or engineering new graduate with limited professional experience outside of internships and coursework. Experience with computer modeling tools and quantitative analysis techniques is required. GIS skills a plus.
Other Essential Functions
Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Last Updated By
No results found.
Jacobs - 17 months ago
Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and construction...