KATU, the ABC affiliate in Portland, Oregon seeks an enterprising and aggressive journalist to join our “On Your Side” team of reporters. We’re looking for a reporter who has a strong on-air personality, knows how to generate unique content, and showcases material in a way that makes it memorable on TV. Dynamic live television skills are a must, as is the ability to respond quickly in breaking news situations. Strong writing skills are essential. Knowledge of: current events, the FOIA process, computer-assisted reporting, and legal issues related to television news reporting is essential.
- Three to five years of television reporting experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license to use a company vehicle during course of news gathering.
- Travel locally and out of state may be required.
- Knowledge of non-linear editing systems essential.
- Typing and an operating knowledge of standard news computer systems.
- History of award winning journalism preferred.
- Must be able to write, speak clearly, read, hear and see (with or without corrective devices) in order to produce news stories for visual presentation on the air.
- Must be able to work weekends and accommodate shift changes including working extended hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds of technical equipment as part of routine duties on reporting assignments.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Environmental hazards may exist when covering a story including but not limited to exposure to dirt, noise, heat, extreme weather variations, machinery, physical and safety hazards.
Fisher Communications, Inc. - 2 years ago