Lab Four is looking for an amazing instructor to help change lives, give people the skills they need to move into new careers, and help us change the education industry. We are looking for a talented instructor with medical experience to teach the following areas:
- Medical Office Assistant
- Billing & Coding
- Electronic Health Records
- Project Management
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Skills
Our ideal candidate has at least 2 years of medical administrative experience and has a passion for helping people and an ability to teach. Preference will also be given to candidates with teaching experience.
This full-time position will eventually teach classes in all of the above areas, and will receive extensive training in any areas not already certified in. Though the position will be 40 hrs/week, you may be scheduled for evening or Saturday classes.
Our Instructors are expected to:
- Maintain a teaching assignment for each class
- Plan course instruction based upon the approved syllabus/outline provided and to assure course contact and objectives are met.
- Distribute a copy of the module calendar to all students at the first class.
- Utilize a variety of teaching styles and methods to accommodate the diverse learning styles of students.
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures established by Lab Four.
- Adhere to curriculum approved and provided by Lab Four.
Finally, we ask that you be willing to dedicate additional out-of-class time equivalent to 15% or more of the total class time to students who need additional help (e.g. If a class is 60 hours total, we ask you to be willing to spend at least 9 hours outside of class with students).
Starting pay will be $25,000 per year and will raise to $30,000 after completion of training and passing certification tests.
- Instructors must have a high school diploma
- At least one Certification/Degree related to the field that they are teaching
- 1 year of related work experience
- Candidates must submit to an interview process, including a 30-minute demonstration lesson.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.