The Corporate Counsel-Real Estate is responsible for providing legal advice, support, and counsel to the Company in the areas of real estate and timeshares, and real estate and timeshare resort project development, association management, and real estate and timeshare sales documentation, including the drafting of real estate development documents such as declarations of covenants and restrictions, easements, warranty deeds, and subsidy agreements, the negotiation and drafting of contracts, agreements, and similar documents related to the company's timeshare resort development business, and performing general real estate based legal analysis and providing legal analysis and recommendation regarding the solving of legal issues.
Draft documentation necessary for the development of real estate projects and timeshare resorts, such as declarations of covenants and restrictions, amendments to declarations, cross-access and cross use agreements, easements, warranty deeds and title documents.
Provide advice concerning compliance with federal and state regulations affecting real estate and timeshare development and consumer sales, including RESPA, TILA, ILSA, and matters concerning real estate and timeshare sales, mortgage lending, and consumer sales, including but not limited to compliance with the requirements of Florida Statutes Chapters 718, 720 and 721 and the similar laws regulating condominiums, timeshares and homeowners associations in other states besides Florida where the Company engages in business.
Draft association property management agreements based on an existing form document. Review proposed condominium, homeowner and timeshare association budgets for legal compliance.
Review legal issues related to timeshare project development and make recommendations for resolution of same.
Provide advice to fellow associates concerning construction law and contractor lien issues.
Work with outside legal counsel on legal and real estate issues related to timeshare resort operations, including association budget preparation, conversion of existing condominium and condo-hotel projects into timeshare projects, amendments to existing resort documents, implementation of new development phases within existing resorts, and work with outside legal counsel regarding real estate tax appeal matters.
Obtain strong working knowledge of the Bluegreen Vacation Club and Bluegreen Vacation Trust and their formative documents and provide legal advice concerning operation of same.
Negotiate contracts and agreements with third party vendors and legal counsel. Draft a variety of legal documentation related to the Company's business development and operations.
Review and approve timeshare sales documents. Draft and complete real estate and timeshare documents necessary and needed to be submitted for regulatory approval in connection with timeshare sales registrations and licensing requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate from ABA accredited law school.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with a law firm or real estate or timeshare development company providing legal advice, support, and counsel involving real estate and preferably timeshare matters.
- Training and Experience with drafting real estate documents, declarations, timeshare documents, easements, contracts, real estate-based sales documents, and association management contracts.
- Experience with compiling and submitting condominium and/or timeshare registration statements.
- Strong legal research skills, strong negotiation skills, and strong legal problem solving skills.
- Exceptional letter writing and legal drafting skills required.
- Member of State Bar required. Member of Florida Bar preferred.
- Business-oriented, decision maker, self-directed, self-starter, assertive, strong evaluation, and planning capabilities, strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills to negotiate and obtain desired results,
Founded in 1966, Bluegreen has always provided opportunities for busy families to slow down, relax and share time together.