Snaptracs Inc. (A Qualcomm Company) has been developing and commercializing innovative new products utilizing a number of wireless and GPS technologies as well as direct-to-consumer services. The team is functioning in a dynamic and flexible start-up style, that thrives on hard work, passion for the products, and serving end consumers. The team is set to grow and will offer ample opportunities to grow your carrier with it. A successful candidate will be responsible for leading the field test team for end to end system verification and performance characterization. This includes wireless modems, LBS , BT, Short Range Radio, ANT, client application, and a number of other technologies.
Candidate will be responsible for defining and coordinating a number of activities related to product field verification, extensive field performance characterization, product performance optimizations, customer support, and commercialization. Job responsibilities also include defining requirements for new test plan development, test automation and data processing infrastructure development, quality tracking efforts for all product releases, and customer support.
8-10 years' experience in the following areas:
- Experience with field testing wireless products and technologies
- Strong analytical skills and experience with analyzing, interpreting, and presenting field test results.
- Experience in one or more of the following wireless air interface technologies- GSM/CDMA/WCDMA/LTE/WLAN
- Knowledge of wireless positioning systems, particularly GPS and Assisted GPS, and experience in testing software leveraging such systems
- Test experience validating smart phone based client applications (Android, iPhone) as well web applications.
- Test experience validating software products and services for distributed IP based application servers and web applications using technologies such as TCP/IP, UDP, Web Services, , HTTP, SNMP, EMS, XML, Java, SOAP, and Social Media Integration
- Understanding of system test methodology and ability to follow software development and systems test processes
- Technical flexibility and demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts very quickly and ramp up on the projects independently
- Experience in developing as well as executing field functional and performance test cases, analyzing logs, and troubleshooting SW/HW/System issues
- Strong skills in developing test tools test infrastructure including simulators as well as other test tools to improve test efficiency
- Prior programming experience with C, C++, Java and/or scripting languages such as PERL, Python, Tcl, etc. a big plus
- Experience using Matlab for data analysis, plotting , and presenting results is a big plus.
- Experience in software/system issue debugging on embedded platforms using JTAG
- Knowledge and experience working with Qualcomm specific test equipment and tools, such as Panda, Koala, BOA, PLTS, Cube, QXDM, QCAT,QPST, ASIA, etc.
- Experience using commercial test equipment such as call boxes from Agilent (8960), Spirent, Aeroflex, Anritsu, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply your knowledge to day to day assignments in order to produce efficient and timely results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will be required to write test plans, test specs, & reports as well as provide customer support as needed
- Excellent team player and ability to work in a very dynamic and cross functional team environment Responsibilities
- Develop detailed test project plans, test plans, test procedures, and test reports
- Design, Implement , Execute, Report, and automate field test cases
- Design/Develop tools and test scripts
- Engage in system/software troubleshooting, problem reporting, and tracking
- Characterize feature, product, and system performance. Recommend optimizations where needed
- Work with cross functional teams such as software deployment, Systems, Product & Program Management, and provide support as required
- Coordinate and execute certification and carrier acceptance tests requiring field test
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
Qualcomm - 2 years ago
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services...