POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Corporate Parts Manager, the incumbent sells a wide variety of parts to phone and walk-in customers. Performs clerical and back order functions as required and fills in for the warehouse when needed.
1. Takes parts orders from walk-in and telephone customers. Such orders may be placed by part number and description or only by description.
2. Assures that the correct part numbers are supplied for the specific model and serial number of the machine or component involved.
3. Determines if the customer has ordered enough parts to perform the repairs adequately and makes suggestions for related or additional parts, if it is required to finish the job completely.
4. Is aware of sales opportunities for changeover groups and special attachments.
5. Participates actively in all parts sales programs.
6. Inputs parts sales orders in a minimum length of time with maximum accuracy and in strict accordance with the Credit Department procedures. Informs customer if parts are in stock or if backordered, and approximate time they will receive it.
7. Follows up on all orders to assure that customers receive prompt, efficient service.
8. Studies all manufacturers’ parts bulletins and other releases to keep informed of the latest developments in machine design and parts changeovers.
9. When required, service customers on call-ins after normal working hours.
10. Keeps Parts Supervisor informed on matters of managerial importance on issues of customer service.
11. Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
12. Learns Cashier functions, doubles as cashier in the absence of the regular cashier.
13. Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Must have some knowledge of parts sold by Hawthorne Machinery Corp. (Caterpillar & CARQUEST)
2. Ability to interpret parts reference books, including those on CD Rom.
3. Must have valid Driver’s License.
4. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
5. Ability to work with customers and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
1. Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
2. Handling: Picks up items, helps or works with hands.
3. Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts.
4. Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
5. Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
6. Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
7. Vision: Reads & completes paperwork on the computer.
8. Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
9. Sitting: Sits at desk for minimal periods of time.
1. Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
2. Temp/Weather: Works in a warehouse environment; both in and outdoors. Works in a tropical environment.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne CAT® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D
Hawthorne CAT® participates in E-Verify.
Parts Counterperson - America Samoa
JobCentral - 11 months ago