The General Clerk III will uses some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. The General Clerk will select from alternative methods and refers problems not solvable by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures.
The General Clerk III may also direct lower level clerks.
Typical duties include:
- Assist in a variety of administrative matters
- Maintain a wide variety of financial or other records (stored both manually and electronically)
- Verify statistical reports for accuracy and completeness
- Compile information
- Handle and adjusting complaints positions
- Choose among widely varying methods and procedures to process complex transactions
- Select or devise steps necessary to complete assignments.
- Utilize customer fulfillment process and tools (computer, monitor, keyboard, software, etc) to ensure timely and accurate translation of customer transactions, including pricing products.
- Receive coaching/feedback and implements/takes action to make changes as appropriate.
- Adheres to service compliance requirements
- High School Diploma or GED and 5 years of experience or Associates degree and 2 years of experience
- Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office
- Administrative experience
- Must have accurate keyboarding skills (25+ wpm)
- Have administrative detail and organizational skills to achieve accuracy goals
- Have ability to sit for long periods while communicating over the telephone
- Be able to use good judgment in dealing with internal and external customers
- Be comfortable using verbatim scripting
- Have ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Have knowledge of business or program terminology, methods, and procedures; of office procedures; and of spelling, punctuation, grammar, and arithmetic
- Be able to prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports; to type accurately at a speed consistent with work requirements; and to transfer stock from one location to another
- Be able to work independently, perform as a self-starter and meet critical deadlines
- Be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Be able to work effectively and professionally with agency personnel
Minds on health. Changing the future of healthcare.
Cognosante is leading the transformation of healthcare, providing technical healthcare solutions to federal and state clients. Based in McLean, VA with 300 employees throughout the US, we are the thought-leaders on the forefront of the latest technology developments. Our capabilities in healthcare transformation, Medicaid management and health communications allow us to deliver the best solutions that are efficient and effective for our customers and the country.
We are excited about a bright future. We invite you to join us on the journey.