Cyber Linux Systems Administrator 3
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator for 7x24 classified operations including: designing, installing, configuring, securing, and maintaining operating systems for cluster processors and servers in support of classified Department of Defense programs.
This position will be located in Pensacola, FL. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
This position will support large computing systems and state of the art solutions to a wide range of technical problems for classified programs and projects supporting the DoD.
: managing Red Hat Linux computing infrastructure, hardening security of large Linux clustered systems, troubleshooting data collection for real-time operations, recommending appropriate actions to improve performance, scheduling installations and upgrades across cluster processors, maintaining Linux systems in accordance with DoD policies and procedures, monitoring and tuning systems to achieve optimum multi-user performance and load balancing, and designing disaster recovery strategies and fail over operations for remote COOP sites. Utilize Remedy ticketing system for trouble management.
**** Responsibilities include working shift-schedule to provide evening and weekend systems administration coverage.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science plus 6 years or more of related experience in Linux system administration required; 4 Year with Masters degree or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
• Must possess or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance
• Expertise implementing and maintaining Red Hat Linux systems and related software
• Prefer knowledge and experience with DoD STIGs, VMS, and DoD FSO operational standards Security+ and RHCE certifications a plus.
• Prefer knowledge and experience with STIGs, VMS, and DoD operational standards
• Prefer knowledge with Linux clustering and Open MPI
• Prefer knowledge of configuring Infiniband interfaces and switches
• Prefer knowledge of distributed file systems such as Ibrix or Lustre
• Prefer knowledge with job schedulers such as MOAB
• Security+ and Red Hat certifications a plus
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...