Division: Production & Supply
Function: Corn & Soybean Production
State/Province: Nebraska [NE]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Site Operations Manager
Job ID: 3296
- Responsible for day to day activities and management of all processes of corn and/or soybean seed production for a production facility. Provide direct supervision and management of assigned processes of seed production field activities and plant operations, including: inventory management, warehousing, conditioning, treat/pack, quality testing and distribution. Assist with operational and capital budgets and management of plant personnel. Foster an operational culture founded on HSE, Quality, and process improvement
Accountabilities: - Provide oversight, direct, and coordinates all phases of plant and field activities, including harvest, conditioning, rework and distribution cost effectively.
- Developed prepared seed and distribution plans.
- Coordinate and direct scheduling of quality, conditioning, reworking and treating processes with the Production and Supply Planning Team, and the Plant Operations Manager.
- Measure and report plan progress weekly, recognize variances and make adjustment to either meet or exceed plan, meet inventory accuracy business goals while adhering to Quality Core Processes.
- Ensure resources, people, processes and systems are in place to achieve site goals.
- Responsible for implementation and training of Quality Business Systems, ISO9001/2000 program.
- Participation and coordination of quarterly management reviews and ensure audit schedule is updated and audits are conducted with learning implemented.
- Develop Continuous improvement process program that drive efficiency and safety.
- Coordinate and direct scheduling of needed inventory to facilitate the fulfillment of orders on a timely and efficient manor.
- Work within Operating Budgets including COG-P Budgets for Plant Fixed and Variable Costs.
- Assist with activity rate development to drive improved operational effectiveness and costs.
- Manage and develop Capital Investments to deliver HSE, quality and financial objectives.
- Recruit, recognize and retain employees to meet Operation’s capacity strategies.
- Implementation of an effective Performance Management program with employee development plans and recognize needed changes in organizational structure to achieve operational and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all policies and protocols are up-to-date and are being followed by all employees and contractors.
- Demonstrate critical effectiveness in leadership skills, confronting problems directly, challenge other managers/direct reports to make difficult decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Foster an operational culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE and other corporate policies, procedures and guidelines. Active leadership in the “Goal Zero” campaign.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA and Government regulations including Worker Protection Standards, Conduct and comply with audits to ensure HSE aspirations are being met or plans are in place.
- Develop and nurture a culture which ensures HSE integration into all activities while also encouraging employee to take personal responsibility for HSE.
- Works closely on projects with Regional HSE for continuous improvement.
- Work with PPT or other specialists to test/implement new production concepts.
- Remain current with latest production technology and develop specialized skills (i.e. systems, data analysis, equipment maintenance, fertility, irrigation management, etc.) to support seed growers.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to create effective and efficient communication tools for employees and seed growers; establishes clear objectives and timelines for work; good listener.
- PC and business software skills.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Decisive: Ability to make timely and well thought out recommendations that are supported by data and analysis.
- Trusted: Meets all work commitments and follows through in a responsible and reliable manner; professionally and confidentially handles sensitive information.
- Customer-Focused: Responsive to the needs of internal and external customers, particularly dealers and customers in their geographic distribution area.
- Results-Oriented: Establishes measurable goals for location employees that are consistent with departmental goals and serve to improve product cost, quality and reliability.
- Team-Oriented: Works well across all Business Units and functions; values input from others.
- Innovative: Continually seeks new and unique opportunities to improve product quality and cost, and employee satisfaction
Critical knowledge: :
- Bachelor's Degree in Ag related area
- Minimum of 3-4 years related experience with an emphasis on supply chain activities
- 3 years management experience
- Experience managing projects outside of normal plant activities
Critical technical, professional, & personal capabilities:
- Ability to plan and set direction
- Competent in coaching and developing people
- Ability to develop a Plant Business/Improvement Plan
- Ability to drive process improvement and foster a culture based on Lean principles
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work independently
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Set direction: Communicates with impact - Gains commitment of individuals and stakeholders in a compelling way.
- Create edge: Leads change and holds ambiguity - Uses effective strategies to facilitate organizational change initiatives and overcomes resistance to change.
- Drive results: Focuses on customers -Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Manages for performance - Skillfully plans, organizes and monitors performance to create value and achieve excellence in delivery.
- Liberate potential: Develops people, organization, and self - Coaches people to excel, provides opportunities for learning, and creates a climate for development and growth.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Ability to adapt to changing environmental/situational needs.
- Ability to make timely, effective decisions.
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests.
- Meet crop plan targets while maintaining high quality production.
- Achieve annual COGP, measure variances, drive activity rate improvements.
- HSE targets and HSE culture development to ensure integration into all activities
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Candidate must be able to walk seed production fields in any weather
- Position requires occasional travel by car
- Candidate must be able to lift 65 pounds
- WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to work days, evening and weekends
- Long hours will be required during peak periods of the year
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Ensure in its respective area of responsibility and in close cooperation and alignment with Legal and Taxes and other expert functions, Syngenta's full compliance with the applicable
Syngenta - 18 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...