We have an opening for a Full-time Physical Therapy Technician (32hrs/wk) to work at our employer health center located in Georgetown, KY!
The hours of this position are from 12pm-8:30pm, Monday- Thursday!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions ( www.takecareemployersolutions.com ) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies . The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Summary: Supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials, in assisting physical therapist with delivery of quality patient care.
· Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols
· Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures
· Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests Helps treat patients by applying heat packs, helps patients onto exercise equipment, monitors motion, tracks walking time and distance, measures mobility, performs prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques
· Assists patients in preparation for treatment , assists the patients in safe and correct performance of activities or exercises related to the development of strength, flexibility and endurance
· Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as therapeutic exercises specific to symptoms and job demands
· Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines
· Observes patients during treatments
· Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by maintaining confidentiality
· Cleans and maintains the treatment areas, gym and equipment to ensure quality patient care
· Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positions equipment for therapist access; positions patient on equipment
· Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; troubleshoots malfunctions and calls for repairs
· Monitors and maintains physical therapy supplies to maintain sufficient inventory; anticipates needed supplies; places and expedites orders for supplies; verifies receipt of supplies and restocks supplies
· Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs
· Performs clerical duties such as greeting patients, answering telephone, taking messages and completing forms
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
Take Care Health - 20 months ago
At Take Care Health Systems we offer a more personalized, human approach to healthcare.
Our Take Care Clinics, conveniently located in...