J.P. Morgan Global Wealth Management|
Pricing Associate, Asset & Liability Management (ALM)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. Asset Management provides investment and wealth management services to institutional, high net worth and retail investors and their advisors. For wealthy individuals and families, J.P. Morgan offers personalized financial solutions that integrate investment management, capital markets, trust and banking through its Global Wealth Management (GWM) division.
The Associate will be a key member of the team that is responsible for ALM and mortgage pricing across Global Wealth Management. The ALM team focuses on interest rate risk modeling related to the deposit, credit, and mortgage portfolios. This role, based in NY, will be primarily focused on deposit portfolio management as well as mortgage pricing analytics. The candidate will assist the ALM manager with risk management and funding of the deposit, loan and mortgage books for Global Wealth Management. This position will provide an opportunity to make an impact to the bottom line and provide exposure to senior management.
Key Asset & Liability Management responsibilities include:
Key Mortgage Pricing responsibilities include:
- Advanced Excel and Access modeling that supports the interest rate and prepayment risk management of the GWM portfolios
- Developing and maintaining in-depth analytics to understand the characteristics of the portfolios, including mortgage cash flows and deposit runoff behaviors
- Working closely with the Finance team and Corporate Treasury on leveraging deposit and mortgage book analytics for regulatory reporting, including liquidity risk and Basel 3 requirements
- Reviewing and back-testing key assumptions in models that impact mortgage funding or deposit investment decisions (e.g., deposit pricing sensitivities and mortgage prepayment speeds)
- Creating actionable reports and presentations for use by the Operating Committee and the ALCO committee
- Partnership with members of the Deposit Pricing, Deposit Sales, and Mortgage Advisory Teams
- Working with the Mortgage Pricing Committee to set mortgage rates across GWM, taking into account market data, competitive feedback, and analytics on production and capacity
- Development of Excel based tools that support Mortgage Advisory through the application process, such as mortgage pricing and refinance tools
- Managing the exceptions pricing process, including providing front-office guidance on impacts of market moves and exceptions on mortgage pricing
- Partnering with the Investment Bank Capital Markets team on valuation of GWM mortgages and incorporating analytics into pricing process
The successful candidate will have the following:
- BA degree, required
- 3-5 years of experience; Fixed Income and ALM experience a plus
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong Excel (pivot tables and VLOOKUP), and Access skills with a preference for knowledge of VBA
- Ability to handle situations requiring creativity and ad-hoc analysis in a fast paced environment
- Strong teamwork ethic
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...