San Mateo County Community College District
Office Assistant II - President's Office
Posting Number: 0600683
Salary: The annual salary range is $40,656- $49,380.
Division: SKY - President Office
Position Type: Classified Positions
Location: Skyline College
Percentage of Full Time: 100%
Months per Year: 12 months per year
Position Number: 2C0228
Posting Date: 04-19-2012
First Review Date: 05-10-2012 Deadline is 10 p.m. PST
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position will serve as key clerical and staff support to the College President and will involve varied and increasingly responsible duties. The position will also provide receptionist services for executive suite of offices. Under general supervision, the employee will have responsibilities for moderate to complex assignments and is expected to revise work methods and procedures independently after receiving general information about policy or procedural changes. More specific guidance is usually given only at the request of the employee. Public contacts include providing moderate to complex policy and procedural information. A moderate to high degree of independent judgment and creativity is exercised within the assigned function to provide information and to carry out assigned projects without direct supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Exchanges information with students, staff and the general public regarding a variety of office or department policies and procedures; relates policies and procedures by telephone, correspondence and by direct contact; makes travel arrangements; keeps a management calendar; screens calls.
2. Takes and transcribes notes for correspondence, reports and minutes; composes routine to moderately complex correspondence, memoranda, brochure summaries and other data from original and general ideas.
3. Enters, modifies, and retrieves data using a computer terminal; uses or learns to use word processing and other related computer equipment to produce files, correspondence and reports as assigned.
4. Compiles statistical, financial, research, and file data for reports, brochures, surveys, and meetings; assembles data to final form for review; compiles data for agendas', class schedules, catalogs, and other printed materials; maintains computerized and/or other financial, student, and program activity records.
5. Organizes and maintains confidential and other file systems; files reports, correspondence, and personnel information; plans special events in conjunction with other staff; coordinates conference and meeting schedules, agendas, locations, materials and participants.
6. Maintain high demand executive calendar - including coordinating and scheduling meetings, conference calls, conferences and travel.
7. Performs other related duties as required.
This position requires a combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of high school plus some college level coursework as well as clerical/secretarial experience of increasing responsibility that has included compiling data for reports, computer data entry modification and retrieval, and public contact with persons of diverse cultures, backgrounds and language groups.
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of office procedures and practices, including work flow, office equipment use, and computer applications.
2. Skill in entering, modifying and retrieving data using a computer terminal and word processing.
3. Skill in leading the work of others.
4. Skill in following oral and written instructions.
5. Demonstrated Skill with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Internet Explorer.
6. Ability to maintain professional office decorum and discretion, including an outstanding sense of integrity and confidentiality.
7. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize workloads.
8. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
9. Skill in problem solving.
10. Skill in oral and written communication.
11. Skill in maintaining moderate to complex statistical, personal, and financial records.
12. Ability to establish and maintain efficient and effective working relationships with persons of diverse cultures, backgrounds, and language groups.
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The District pays all or a portion of monthly medical plan premiums (depending on the coverage) and pays all of the monthly dental and vision plan premiums for employees and eligible dependents. Additional paid benefits include life insurance, salary continuance insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Optional tax-deferred flexible benefit 403(b) and 457 plans are also available. Classified employees participate in the Public Employees' Retirement System, a defined-benefit retirement plan through the State of California.
For more information and to apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/246116
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The cover letter should address the applicant's qualifications as they directly relate to the Requirements and Desirable Skills and Abilities listed in this announcement.
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.
HigherEdJobs - 12 months ago