Performs specified patient care activities to assigned patient population under the direction of the Nurse Manager and Healthcare Provider and is committed to the provision of patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must have completed training through an accredited Medical Assistant training
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred for COPC.
score of 83%.
- Must pass the Medical Assistant Examination prior to employment with a minimum
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient skills and skill in the use of supplies and
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and PHHS staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Location: Main Hospital Bldg - 1st Flr
- May administer unit dose medications under the direction of the delegating physician according to departmental policies and procedures after successful completion of competencies and signed Physician-MA delegation form.