At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Hazardous Materials Manager to join our team.
The Hazardous Materials Manager monitors the international and country-level regulatory environment for the Transportation, Storage and Waste Disposal of hazardous materials. The Manager communicates with regulators, strategizes global systems that drive best-in-class processes, and supports regional Product Compliance management. The position is located in Seattle, Washington and also works closely with Amazon Technology teams, Transportation, Legal, Retail and FBA teams.
As a high-level summary the deliverables are:
- Monitor upcoming regulation changes that impact Amazon’s business. Communicate changes internally and help strategize and drive systems development to ensure compliance and manage risk;
- Scale processes and leverage technology to keep pace with Amazon’s business growth and support customer experience tenets;
- Actively seek cross-regional coordination opportunities that improve processes and customer experience;
- Support country operational launches.
- MBA or related advanced degree;
- 7 years of experience in the Hazardous Materials regulatory compliance environment, preferably retailer experience;
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution;
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture;
- Experience driving process improvement with technology;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting;
· Ability to work independently and autonomously;
- Ability to travel internationally.
- In-depth knowledge and practical skills in applying Lean Six Sigma (LSS) philosophy and methodology.
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...