As a member of the Systems Administration team, you will be working alongside a dynamic group of professionals tackling a variety of challenging projects and tasks. This position will lead the planning and coordination of Akamai*s Corporate Exchange Messaging Services.
About the Team
The Windows Services group builds and manages the Windows OS platform that supports application and services that for Akamai*s corporate computing environment.
- Leadership role in planning, coordinating and deploying messaging-related projects and services (email, archiving, mobile messaging, unified messaging, etc.).
- Work with internal clients to establish business and technical requirements, define support practices and establish deployment guidelines for OS, hardware and applications.
- Manage and Support Microsoft Exchange environment for high availability & Disaster Recovery.
- Lead or participate in high visibility enterprise-wide projects across multiple teams and geographies.
- Provide technical leadership to other team members and project leaders.
- Lead or participate in innovative efforts related to improvement of IT effectiveness.
- 7+ years working as a lead engineer in designing, building, securing and managing a highly available business critical Exchange 2003/2007 environment.
- 4+ years implementing industry best practices related to secure messaging architecture and administration.
- 4+ years managing and supporting email clients and protocols, including all versions of Outlook, Entourage, Mail.app, Thunderbird, Evolution, IMAP, POP3, etc.
- 3+ years technical knowledge and hands on experience with Server Hardware and Storage Platforms.
- 2+ years managing and administering the following messaging services: Symantec Enterprise Vault for Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise Server and Microsoft Unified Messaging/Communication Services.
- 2+ years supporting ActiveSync/mobile email clients such as Android, Blackberry, Apple iPad/iPhone, Windows Mobile and Android.
- Proficiency and experience in combinations of the following: Exchange messaging upgrades; Business Continuity & high availability; backup/recovery strategies; clustering and replications technology; ADSI and Exchange PowerShell scripting.
- Solid background in network fundamentals including DNS and Advanced Windows Server systems administration.
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging IT industry trends, business process, planning and strategy.
- Degree in a computer related field or significant experience with certifications in lieu of a degree desired.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification (MCSE+ Exchange) desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal - written skills) with peers as well as management.
- Strong documentation and process development skills are a must.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as to work well within groups.
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Is relocation available for this position: No
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
Akamai provides market-leading managed services for powering rich media, dynamic transactions, and enterprise applications online. Having pioneered the content delivery market more than a decade ago, Akamai's services have been adopted by many of the world's most recognized brands across diverse industries. Since its start in 1998, Akamai has grown from a research *big idea* into one of the world*s most successful technology companies, with consistent profitability and inclusion as an S&P 500 company. With more than 2,000 employees and over 65,000 servers located around the globe, Akamai is committed to innovation in technology and service. Akamai has transformed the Internet into a more viable place to inform, entertain, advertise, interact, and collaborate. Akamai - Powering a Better Internet.