This position will oversee the development of audit plans, programs and control guidelines based on risk analysis, evaluation of key business guidelines/procedures and industry best practices. Responsible for ensuring documentation of audit activities are in accordance with professional standards (e.g., IIA, GAAP) and use of appropriate tools, techniques and procedures. Manages and/or performs special projects. Facilitates cross-functional meetings when necessary to investigate and resolve issues. Ensure accurate and timely identification and reporting of audit issues, issue resolution and delivery of high quality audit services. Monitors and evaluates ongoing progress of management action plans. Manage, budget and schedule audits/reviews of financial and operational business processes while providing guidance to the audit team regarding technical concepts and business operations and processes. Provides on-going coaching to team members concerning quality, reliability, accountability and productivity. Reviews audit senior & staff work to ensure that it adequately supports audit findings and that reports are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive and timely. Assist in managing and conducting ESI¿s annual risk assessment process and prepare the annual risk based audit plan. Prepares presentations for the Audit Committee and Senior Staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- Master's degree (or met 150 hour requirement) preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in internal or external auditing, including 1+ year of management experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA, CISA or CIA certification preferred
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of data analysis software (i.e. ACL) preferred
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with ESI Management
- Focus on quality and service
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues using innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical
- Demonstrate the confidence and communication skills to work with and present information directly to high-level management within all other areas and functions in the Company
- Thorough understanding of risks and internal controls, COSO framework, and professional auditing standards
- Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale in a high performance organization
- Thorough understanding of business operations and processes required
- Knowledge of the PBM or healthcare industry helpful
- Experience working with SEC reporting helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 2 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.