Noblis is a nonprofit science, technology and strategy organization that helps clients solve complex systems, process and infrastructure problems in ways that benefit the public. We bring the best of scientific thought and engineering know-how to find solutions that are practical, efficient and effective. You will find Noblis at work in many fields, including information technology and telecommunications; management consulting; national and homeland security; transportation; healthcare; criminal justice; energy and the environment; oceans, atmosphere and space; and public safety.
Noblis is consistently recognized as a "Great Place to Work" and "One of the Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For" by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the Great Places to Work Institute, and AARP. Noblis was also named to the "World's Most Ethical Companies" list by the Ethisphere Institute at the Forbes, Ethisphere Joint Conference.
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidate will provide technical support to the SWIM Program Office in the following areas:
- Cloud Computing Suitability Assessments
- Cloud Computing Enterprise Cross-Collaboration
- Cloud Computing Business Plan Development
- NAS Cloud Computing Environment Establishment
- Cloud Computing Functional Area Development
- Cloud Computing Outreach
- Developing an approach for determining a program’s suitability for using cloud computing capabilities. The suitability assessment approach must be able to be integrated into the FAA’s AMS processes. The assessment should be aimed at FAA Programs that are actively engaged in the Investment Analysis portion of the FAA’s AMS cycle.
- Documenting each assessment, including the final agreement on assessment results with the assessed program.
- Completing all follow-on activities that result from each assessment.
- Developing and maintaining a cloud computing assessment registry. The registry will document the results of each assessment as well as provide a resource to track follow-up meetings.
- Examining FAA Roadmaps to determine NAS programs that are potentially suitable for cloud computing.
- Validating telecommunications requirements for implementing cloud computing.
- Developing and maintaining a communications plan and associated schedule as necessary, to track programs through their investment analysis cycles.
- Conducting analysis to determine the most appropriate cloud computing solution to fit the needs of the NAS.
- Coordinating with the selected cloud computing vendor with respect to implementation activities to ensure the selected cloud computing environment is implemented on schedule.
- Providing engineering services to identify key functional areas/components where cloud computing is applicable in the NAS
BS in Systems Engineering or related field. In addition:
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- At least 7 years of experience in the field of systems engineering
- At least 2 years of experience evaluating programs for suitability to move to the cloud
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, personnel management, and some leadership experience
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
Prior experience working with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)