Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
merck.com/careers to create a profile and your resume for requisition # CHE 003813.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
LOCATION: LAS PIEDRAS, PUERTO RICO
The PAT Scientist role provides drug substance and drug product PAT (Process Analytical Technology) development and testing support for all late stage drug candidates manufactured at Merck/MSD Operations in Arecibo, Las Piedras and Barceloneta. The role may also expand to include supporting Merck operations in other regions while still based in Puerto Rico. With direction, the PAT Scientist effectively interacts with people and resources in support of high performance organizations to realize GSTC's and Merck's vision. The PAT Scientist performs all activities in compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures relevant to job assignment.
EDUCATION AND Experience:
· A Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry (analytical or physical preferred)/Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering. (BS with at least 4 years of experience in analytical, physical chemistry, pharmaceutical or process development) or
· A Master's Degree in Chemistry (analytical or physical preferred)/Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering. At least 1 to 3 years of experience in analytical, physical chemistry, pharmaceutical or process development.
· Hands on experience with Process Analytical Technology (PAT) is highly desired.
· Ideal skills sets include: optical spectroscopy (Near-Infrared, Infrared, Raman), multivariate modeling (i.e. chemometrics), on-line analysis, advanced PAT instrumentation
· Preferred are experiences in a diverse set of projects and skill sets (Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering) due to the multidisciplinary nature of the position.
· Experiences with multi-disciplinary teamwork with a proven track record.
· Good oral and written communication skills in English & Spanish due to the business-critical role of the position.
· Available to travel between Puerto Rico sites and support second & third shift as needed.
· Excellent Project Management Skills.
· Good Customer Service Skills.
· Strong regulatory requirements knowledge.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job Title : PROCESS ANALYTICAL TECHNOLOGY SCIENTIST
Primary Location: NA-Puerto Rico
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): Other (see Work Schedule)
Merck & Co. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical giant's...