Responsible for the daily administration of all company benefit plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Reviews, authorizes, and processes Short Term Disability claims.
- Coordinates with Physicians and Managers to facilitate return to work when possible.
- Administers all benefits plans the company may offer.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from associates and outside sources. Resolves problems by researching necessary information.
- Assists in the administration of the Pension and 401(k) Savings Plan by ensuring all necessary forms are processed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of two years experience in benefit plan administration required. Two year college degree preferred.
- Basic understanding of FMLA and ADA regulations required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required.
- Strong computer skills including basic proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel required. PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Ability to keep information confidential required.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE: BIG) is a unique, non-traditional, discount retailer operating 1,495 Big Lots stores...