Based in Hartford, CT, the HR Communication Consultant will report to the AVP, Internal Communication and be responsible for leading enterprise-wide communications related to the implementation of new HR systems. The HR Communication Consultant will be accountable for developing and implementing communication strategies that drive employee awareness of our new systems and help drive behavior changes.
This position is a 12-18 month rotation. Upon conclusion of the assignment, candidate will assume a full-time role within Internal Communications.
This position is responsible for developing and executing a communications strategy for a large-scale HR systems communications initiative.
- Partner with change management lead to identify communication strategy that will drive awareness and desired behavioral changes.
- Create, implement and measure all employee communications and training materials related to the initiative, ensuring integration of messages throughout communications platforms and incorporating two-way communications where appropriate.
- Develop new and creative ways to deliver internal messages, especially through web-based tools, video and other media channels.
- Build out a portal on the HR employee intranet site to keep managers and employees educated on The Hartford’s talent philosophy and supporting tools.
- 5-10 years experience in field of internal corporate communications, preferably HR communications.
- BA/BS degree in communications, public relations, English or a related field.
- Sharp attention to detail - excellent proofreading, editing, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and mature judgment. Comfortable and capable when working with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated strength in project management, strong writing skills and proven ability to execute.
- Familiar with best practices in employee communication
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide. The Hartford is consistently recognized for its superior service, its sustainability efforts and as one of the world's most ethical companies. In 2011, The Hartford reported revenues of $21.9 billion. More information on the company and its financial performance is available at
The Hartford believes people should live with financial confidence. The Hartford exists to provide the confidence and peace of mind that helps people achieve their financial goals. We enable this confidence though the breadth of our product portfolio and relationships and the depth of our knowledge.
The Hartford’s biggest competitive advantage is our employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our
and bring passion to their jobs. Our values are projected in the way we interact with customers and among our teams.
We are an innovative leader in the industry and have been recognized by:
as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" for five consecutive years
as a 2012 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer
Military Times Edge
as a 2011 “Best for Vets” Employer
Carbon Disclosure Project’s Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index
for The Hartford’s approach to climate change disclosure for four consecutive years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Green Rankings – No. 12 on the list of U.S. Companies (2011)
as a Best Place to Work (2011)
The Chicago Tribune
as a Top Workplace (2011)
The San Antonio Express News
as a Top Workplace (2011)
as a Top Workplace
as a Top Workplace
The Hartford Courant
and FOXCT as a Top Workplace
OKCBiz as a Best Place to Work
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Feb 6, 2013, 2:09:07 PM
Remote Worker Option
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The...