Provides oversight and assistance to the Driver Services' process with professionalism and to promote safety on our Wyoming roads and highways.
- Answer questions from the public without the need to transfer any calls.
- Answer all questions including complex questions regarding Driver Services/Driver License departments.
- This position has a large amount of technical knowledge of the entire Driver Services organization.
- First line of response, answer phones, and are very knowledgeable about each area within the Driver's Services Department as well as the Field offices.
- Stays current on state statutes and laws in order to answer basic questions from drivers, lawyers, etc.
- Liaison with law enforcement, court systems, other states and commercial drivers with regard to driver information.
- Able to assist with any inquiries of the sections within Driver Services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of accounting procedures relating to balancing money and daily transactions.
- Knowledge of Wyoming State Statutes and federal regulations pertaining to driver licenses and motor vehicle operations, program rules, regulations and policies.
- Knowledge of program functions and the Driver License Information System.
- Knowledge of both the Driving Record Enforcement and Driver Services Examiner Manuals.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in phone etiquette.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
Preference will be given to those with telephone and customer service experience.
Education - Bachelor's Degree (typically in Business)
Experience - 0-2 year(s) of progressive work experience (typically in Business) with acquired knowledge at the level of a(n) Drivers Services Specialist
Ed. or Exp. Substitution - 3-4 year(s) of progressive work experience (typically in Business) with acquired knowledge at the level of a(n) Drivers Services Specialist
Certificate - None
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code BADS06) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
WYDOT offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition refund program, employer funded retirement, deferred compensation program, longevity pay and opportunities for advancement. Visit us online at www.dot.state.wy.us.
Applicants must pass an FBI fingerprint check.
Successful applicant will be subjected to a thorough background investigation.