The CSI Architecture and Automation team is looking for an additional resource for a 30 month engagement to assist in improving both the client experience for software & patch installations as well as the process for deploying client operating systems and software & patches.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere. This is a project position with an estimated length of 2.5 years.
This individual would be an integral team member on a reinvention of the ESM (ESPN Software Manager) process that is currently utilized to deploy software and patches. They will focus on minimizing impact to the end user (a current pain point with our customers) while ensuring they maintain visibility, should they desire, into what is occurring on their system. One possible avenue they would investigate would be allowing for custom installation schedules, permitting the end user to choose when to apply software & patch installations, while ensuring they are meeting security guidelines by installing patches in a timely fashion.
In revisiting the operating system / software & patch deployment processes, the resource will focus on streamlining process and minimizing effort across several Technology groups when configuring and scheduling software and patches for deployment. This will include enhancing the software deployment page to reduce effort currently incurred by the CSI Systems Management team in addition to reducing potential of human error. The build scheduler page will be revisited to identify efficiencies in the scheduling process allowing for a more robust solution with a simpler interface. The build process itself will be re-engineered to coincide with the Altiris system upgrade focusing on reducing build times while improving stability and success rates. Additional reporting and visibility tools will be created enabling both the CSI support teams, as well as the CTSS teams more insight into trends and status of the process.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of Microsoft .NET Development languages such as VB.NET & ASP.NET.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to creatively accomplish aggressive project goals when necessary.
• Possess strong analytical and technical skills.
• 2 years of experience in IT, or similar industries.
• Microsoft SQL knowledge including basic query creation and a general understanding of views, functions and stored procedures.
• Experience in programming in VB Script & PowerShell.
• Experience with the design and architecture of client and server systems.
• Experience creating and invoking web services.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
• Automation of software and/or systems administration.
• Knowledge of Windows 2008 Servers, Windows Vista7, TCP/IP, software deployment/management and system performance tuning/monitoring.
• General understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
• Fundamental knowledge of automated software distribution and automated client monitoring solutions.
• Knowledge of Virtualization technologies including Application Virtualization, Client/Server OS Virtualization, and Application Streaming.
• Knowledge of process management, process streamlining, and process organization tools as well as a fundamental understanding of ITIL best practices.
• Experience in large volume client/server management applications such as Altiris or Microsoft SMS.
• 4 year technical focused degree
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...