Department: Newark Health Center
Req Number: 10693
- SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the Patient Registrar/Patient Registration Clerk provides specialized clerical support service to the various hospital and clinic registration units by screening patients for possible eligibility for various financial assistance and insurance programs. Arranges payment plans and collects cash recording such payment in the patient account. Performs general clerical duties as needed.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE : Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Registers and interviews patients to obtain accurate and complete demographic and financial information.
2. Researches and verifies patient eligibility for insurance coverage.
3. Collects co-payments and records payments to the patient account.
4. Informs patients on the availability of governmental funded and charity discount programs.
5. Determines and quotes estimated patient liability using available reports and electronic tools.
6. Determines patient eligibility for charity care assistance.
7. Updates patient financial and account information.
8. Mentors co-workers post formal ACMC training.
9. Advises medical staff of patient’s financial status and qualification for programs based on the patient’s chief complaint.
10. Completes and processes applications for health care programs (e.g. CMSP, ACE, PACT, CDP, and Gateway).
11. Performs receptionist and general clerical duties.
12. Prepares and processes consent, charge slips, patient packets and medical record forms.
13. Schedules patient appointments.
14. Verifies patient identity.
15. Prepares and processes consent, charge slips, patient packets and medical record forms.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities listed. Typically equivalent to: Education : High School graduate or GED. Experience: One-year general clerical experience, preferably working with mathematical calculations (e.g. account work or statistics). Experience using computers and with software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel desirable.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Valid California Drivers License
Alameda County Medical Center - 2 years ago