reconnections, requested and non-pay disconnects, and additional outlets
- Performs applicable CT 2 duties, multi-product installations
for residential and residential-like products. Completes installations
from tap including troubleshooting the forward and return path in the
drop from the tap to the customer's equipment for multiple services to
customer equipment in single and multiple family dwellings including
prewired units; perform installations adhering to Comcast procedures and
safe work practices, NEC and NESC requirements, and local ordinances in
order to provide services to the customer.
understanding and agreement while surveying the installation route and
- Reviews all requested services with the customer in order to ensure
reviewing proposed route with the customer in order to obtain agreement
on the location of cable outlet(s.)
bond/ground to ensure compliance with Company and National Electrical
- Installs and removes set-top box and/or eMTA's. Inspects existing
Code (NEC) requirements; makes new ground as required in order to
protect employees, customers, and equipment from electrical shock or
maintains, and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to be prepared to
- Completes associated paperwork with each work order. Cleans,
handle multi-product residential and commercial installations.
reviewing television picture quality and PC and modem connection
- Determines acceptability of video, data, and voice services by
following any installation or work on cable services to provide the best
possible service for the customer. Educates the customer on the CDV
service and voice mail. Conducts CDV test call. Demonstrates CHSI
service and educate customer on how to connect to the service, home
page, national and local content, and web browsing using URL(s.)
Provides information on available services to new and existing customers
in order to sell additional services and attempt to upgrade existing
an installation and in order to reduce ingress and egress. Properly
- Repairs or reports all system signal leakages found while performing
operates and maintains installation tools and equipment.
Reports any accidents, losses, injuries or property damage to supervisor
- Reports vehicle repairs or services when required and/or prescribed.
and customer when appropriate.
cable installation tools, hand tools, lift and carry loads of 70lbs or
- Ability to read general system layouts from blueprints, use basic
more, access crawl spaces and attics, perform jobs from high places (on
ladders and/or poles approximately 18 to 20 feet above ground) and stand
50-70% of the time.
Electrical Safety Code (NESC,) the Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC,) the National
(OSHA,) Federal Communications Commission (FCC,) Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA,) Department of Transportation (DOT,) American
National Standards Institute (ANSI,) and various state and local codes
including G.O. 95 and G.O. 128, (when applicable.)
policies and procedures for installation activities, cable system
operations, PC hardware, software installation, internet, navigation
through a file system via the DOS prompt or window interface and access
the control panel to configure components such as a printer, modem, and
along with moderate exposure to noise levels. Close vision, peripheral
- Performs work near power lines and electricity in inclement weather
vision and ability to adjust focus while manipulating connectors,
fasteners, wire; objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse, and uses
overtime including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- 10 hour days for 4 days a week also must be available to work
how the cable and telecommunications media industry works and provides
and supports quality service to all internal and external customers.
Takes personal ownership to solve problems and seeks feedback to produce
higher customer satisfaction and gathers and analyzes the appropriate
information prior to making a decision while defining the root causes
and key elements of the issues.
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
services and well versed in cable industry vocabulary, use of products
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the Company's products and
and researches current new product offerings, sales and marketing
campaigns in comparison to the competitor's products and services.
approach when working with others both in and out of the department
- Builds and maintains long term partnerships.
- Maintains a positive
including contractors; works well cross-functionally. Ability to read
situations, finds common ground, and reduces conflicts.
and exchanges ideas/information within and outside department for better
results in a clear and concise manner.
- Successfully complete all safety training requirements. Re-certify,
- High School or Equivalent
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Other Professional Certification
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...