Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Transportation
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Master's degree in civil/transportation engineering or foreign equivalent
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT/FE) in any state
• Minimum two years of experience in the job offered or related intern or research position
• Experience with traffic signal analysis and traffic signal design
• Experience with the following software: Microstation, AutoCAD and advanced micro-simulation software (VISSIM or Paramics)
• Knowledge of national transportation standards (HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO, ITE)
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Valid driver's license
Traffic/Transportation Engineer for Transportation projects. Direct and lead team in developing traffic analysis on roadway networks and perform capacity analysis on medium/large networks. Develop transit alternative analysis for transit improvement studies. Manage/perform traffic analysis on medium/large networks using transportation planning/engineering including advanced micro-simulation. Prepare written reports and presentations of project findings that support moving projects into design. Lead the development of civil design plans for: roadway, signing, striping, traffic signals and maintenance/protection of traffic (temporary detours). Instruct team members in using MicroStation V8i and AutoCAD 20010. Lead team efforts to prepare specification, cost estimate and basis of design documents through preparation of quantity takeoffs and development of design criteria. Act as task design lead by coordinating with other design disciplines.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online at www.urscorp.com and refer to Requisition # IE76537 .
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...