Birchbox (http://birchbox.com) is seeking a technical product manager to manage our mobile initiatives. As the product manager, you°ll be responsible for developing the mobile product vision and strategy for Birchbox and managing the entire product life cycle. You°ll work closely with the design and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis, and interact with all business units throughout the course of a project. You will be responsible for making sure everything we do meets the vision and high standards of Birchbox. |
The ideal candidate is a creative visionary who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and has a proven track record for leading the development of world-class mobile products. This position reports to the Director of Product Management.
- Lead the mobile product strategy for Birchbox.
- Develop the product roadmap, user stories, scenarios, and product backlog for our mobile products by conducting user research and engaging with stakeholders.
- Engage with other product managers across Birchbox to ensure mobile and digital priorities are aligned.
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design and development, through to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to identify opportunities to optimize existing features and design new ones.
- Prioritize day-to-day tasks and deliver projects on schedule.
- Manage functional QA processes and determine appropriate testing opportunities.
- 7+ years experience with product management. 1-2 years in the mobile-space.
- Deep, holistic understanding of the mobile user experience - both native apps and mobile web.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight.
- A strong understanding of current technologies and standards, and how the native app and mobile web ecosystems are evolving.
- Basic technical skills:
- Command Line: you know your way around in linux and the mac terminal.
- Version Control: you have used git, svn, or another version control system before. You don°t have to be an expert, but you know the basics.
- Databases: you can write basic SQL queries to find the information you need.
- You know enough HTML and CSS to be dangerous.
- Exceptional communication skills and social awareness.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role.
- Demonstrated ability to collect user feedback and understand customer pain points.
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Experience creating simple and intuitive user interface wire frames and mock ups.
- Experience and passion for working in an agile environment.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- Ecommerce mobile experience
- Startup experience
Tech @ Birchbox
The technology team at Birchbox is responsible for development (and maintenance) of the company°s customer-facing sites (in the United States, France, the UK, and Spain), managing hosted and cloud infrastructure, and closely supporting other teams (logistics, marketing, et al.) in our 140+ person company. We work with a wide variety of open-source technologies: Debian-based servers; Chef deployments; Ruby on Rails, Java and PHP services; and Python, Perl and R scripts. The size of our team and the breadth of its responsibilities means we rely on our engineers to be self-motivated and quickly follow through on tasks without requiring close supervision. In return our engineers are given leeway to use their own initiative.
Our team spans software engineering, technical operations, product, and data science. Our challenges include:
- evolving our software and systems architecture to support a rapidly growing customer base across multiple countries and languages;
- designing and implementing the best user experience for our customers; We are striving to revolutionize online retail.
- using data, complex algorithms, and statistics, to personalize the Birchbox experience for our customers, both offline and online.
Why it°s great to work at Birchbox
- The uncommon chance to be at the start of something huge. We dream big. We run fast. We love a challenge.
- The chance to build a fresh infrastructure to express better solutions to old and new problems.
- The opportunity to work on conceiving, designing and building a next-generation ecommerce experience.
- We think Espresso, Cake, Cookies, Chocolate, and Cambodian Sandwiches are food groups. Which is part of the reason why we also believe in working out in the office. Push-ups anyone?
- We love our work, our team, and our customers.
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase grooming, beauty, and lifestyle products. We combine a monthly subscription service with original editorial content and a fully integrated e-commerce shop. Every month, members sample high-end products targeted to fit their personal profile and behavior, learn about them through our content, and purchase full-size versions of the products they like. Our platform provides our brand partners with an innovative and efficient way to access new customers.
Birchbox launched in the Fall of 2010 and is one of the fastest growing companies in New York. We are backed by top VC firms, including Accel Partners and First Round Capital. In September 2012, Birchbox expanded internationally with the acquisition of the Paris based discovery service JolieBox, operating in France, the UK, and Spain. You can get a feel for the buzz about Birchbox, by searching for us on YouTube: http://birch.ly/nl6nVp. For traditional media coverage, checkout our press page: http://www.birchbox.com/press.
Birchbox has offices in New York, Paris, London and Barcelona.
Birchbox - 2 years ago
Launched in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty e-commerce company for both men and women. Birchbox redefines the retail process by offering...