Posting Title: Shared Client Services Specialist
Location: 20401 N. 29th Ave, Phoenix, AZ
Posting End Date: 1/15/13 or until filled
Responsible for the execution of marketing/research-related tasks that support advertising sales within a shared services environment. This includes reporting of data to drive business insights, design of client-facing sales tools and templated marketing collateral, compilation of television programming information, maintenance of shared companywide databases, fulfillment of marketing/research-related requests from our multiple sales channels and the implementation of functional area processes that eliminate redundancy for the company. This centralized position will reside in the Media Solutions Center as part of the Shared Client Services.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED
- Invents and implements tools and processes to help create efficiencies company-wide, eliminate redundancy and create bandwidth for our field marketing and research to focus on high-touch service of our top-tier advertising clients.
- Provides post buy analysis reporting, conducts troubleshooting of ratings delivery as needed, and creates/adopts workflow tool for requests for all CMI markets.
- Develops data-driven tools and client-facing presentation templates with both quantitative and qualitative resources in the form of ratings tracking, category and competitive presentations, genre and demo-targeted packages, etc.
- Fulfills requests for reports and data from a multitude of providers and business applications including Nielsen, Kantar, PAT (Internal Inventory Management Tool), Scarborough, NOVAR, etc. This includes regularly scheduled reporting that supports companywide business priorities as well as the fulfillment of specific requests from the field sales channel.
- Invents and implements tools to help create efficiencies company-wide and maximize all programming related sales efforts. These tools include one-sheets, presentations, schedules, etc.
- Acquires, maintains and disseminates time-zone adjusted programming materials and ensures that current and accurate information is available as far in advance as possible.
- In collaboration with field production support, facilitates the development of all programming-related video content in the form of upfront video elements, professionally produced video montages, trailers, promos and teasers.
- Works in tandem with Lead and Demand Generation Manager to create content for automated marketing campaigns and events.
- Maintains databases for all companywide ad sales software applications and resources including Strata View, Cable Qual, Cable Zones, CablePost, network tagables, Universe Estimates, etc.
- Develops and integrates all marketing, research and programming related content on Cox Media¿s intranet and internet sites. Maintains these sections including site design, posting of all related materials and internal communication to all staff.
- Monitors trade and industry publications/news to stay on top of industry, network and programming developments and information, developing and implementing resources and sales materials to communicate this information where applicable.
- Cross-trains on roles and responsibilities of other Shared Client Services team members to ensure coverage on business critical tasks.
- Maintains other Client Services centralized functions and resources as requested.
- Collaborates with other departmental areas where applicable; acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on company projects and initiatives.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience. Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field preferred.
Experience: Generally 1-2 years of experience in a media sales atmosphere or with an advertising agency. Media research experience preferred. Time may be credited for college coursework in applying experience requirements. Certification may be required in some areas.
Other: Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Knowledge of Access and Visio a strong plus. Advertising sales research software and data experience strongly preferred (Nielsen, Scarborough/MRI, Kantar, etc.) Ability to work alternate work hours as needed to cover typical business hours in all 3 time zones in the United States. Ability to travel by land and/or air on an occasional basis.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home...