This position represents the eyes and ears of Hailo in Boston. The successful candidate will be someone who is a strong communicator, loves building relationships and is able to manage complex projects in a single bound.
You will be joining an exceptional team including passionate entrepreneurs and top-notch developers and designers. The job of Hailo Community Manager is multi-faceted and requires a talented generalist who is able to combine world-class communication skills with the ability to think creatively while maintaining a sound, strong analytical view.
- Be the voice of our company for customers, drivers, influencers, bloggers, journalists and partners
- Manage the blogs (passenger & driver), core social pages and other channels (email, SMS). Use our vast data resources to source stories and content. Be creative and push the limits.
- Drive word-of-mouth, spark engagements, elicit feedback and prompt discussions.
- Make new users feel at home. Listen, learn from, and feed back to our central marketing and product development teams in order to ensure that we deliver campaigns and build products that both sides of our market love.
- Work with the central team to âlocalizeâ key content and formats and assist on local launches and campaigns
- Work both independently and within an international matrix
- Report clearly and incisively on progress
By definition this person will be stronger in some areas than in others, depending on their background. The mix of qualities we are looking for includes demonstrable experience and skills in the following areas:
- Storytelling, Content & Creativity â We will want to review samples of writing, video, use of images
- Community Building â Show us some of your curated social pages and/or blogs and the publishing tools used e.g. Hootsuite
- Data Analysis & Insight Reporting â You will be able to demonstrate familiarity with social monitoring tools e.g. Google Alerts, Radian6, Crimson Hexagon, Google Analytics, Omniture
- Social Helpdesk/eCRM â You have familiarity with eCRM e.g. Salesforce, ZenDesk, Constant Contact
- Social Campaigns â Show us how you have built awareness, acquisition/sales, loyalty. Familiarity with social marketing apps e.g. Wildfire, Involver, North Social
- Blogger & Influencer Relations â demonstrable memberships, contacts
Great to Have
- PPC e.g. AdWords (desktop and mobile), Facebook Ads
- CPM e.g. DoubleClick
- PR: press releases, journalist & blogger relations, event management, awards
- ATL: print, outdoor
- BTL: direct mail, street teams/experiential
- Agency/Supplier management
Hailo is taking the world's major cities by storm in 2012. Since our launch in London in late 2011, Hailo has rave reviews (check out the App Store, Android Market or search Twitter for @HailoCab or @HailoDriver), real revenues, and explosive growth.
We've raised $20M from an all star cast of investors including Accel Partners, Wellington Partners, and Atomico Ventures. Together they've funded Facebook and Spotify, founded Skype, and brought loads of other fantastic companies to life all over the world.
We view word-of-mouth marketing and community-building as core to our success.
Competitive salary including stock options and uncapped potential. Ride in style with a significant Hailo cab allowance.
- Degree from a top university
- World-class oral and written communication skills (with examples)
- Intrinsic understanding of digital/tech/new media/social media with a working knowledge of underlying web and mobile technologies
- Demonstrable success in social media / community curation evidenced by a killer portfolio, which might be the blog, YouTube channel, Twitter page and/or Facebook Pages youâve managed
- Hungry, creative self-starter who likes to build things from the group up
- Passion to change the world with technology as a catalyst for social engagement and change
- Raw energy
VentureLoop: Connect with Startups. Get in the Loop.
- Some PR and/or Digital Marketing experience
Find jobs at top startups backed by top venture capital firms.
VentureLoop - 10 months ago
We make sure people are never more than two taps away from a licensed taxi. And that cabbies get more passengers when they want them.