Utilizes nursing process and knowledge of scientific principles to provide comprehensive, age appropriate nursing care for assigned patients. Assists with the shift supervision of nonprofessional personnel as necessary. Requirements: Must be MO licensed, prefer pediatric experience.
About the Facility
Who We Are
From our beginning as a single bed in 1897, Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in Kansas City has grown into the pediatric specialty provider of choice for families throughout the region. Working closely with community physicians and hospitals, Children’s Mercy makes the highest quality pediatric expertise available for serious and chronic conditions, as well non-critical care. We are here for all children.
Children’s Mercy is committed to providing service excellence and efficiency to everyone we serve. A not-for-profit hospital, we provide millions of dollars in charity care each year. We achieve our high standards through leadership in clinical care, education and research, all focused exclusively on children and their unique needs.
- Medical staff of nearly 600 pediatric specialists
- A comprehensive range of programs and services, representing more than 40 pediatric specialties
- First hospital in Missouri or Kansas to receive magnet designation in 2003 from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for superior nursing quality
- First hospital in the region to receive re-designation in 2007
- Affiliation with University of Missouri-Kansas City Medical School
- Residency affiliations with major medical schools nationwide
- Home of the nation’s first Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Nursing students from 16 schools in the Kansas City area receive training at Children’s Mercy
- A dramatic research vision that includes laboratory research in genetics, cancer, neonatology, immunology and nursing
- More than 100 physician scientists, basic scientists, nurses, fellows and residents involved in research projects, representing tens of millions of dollars in multi-year awards
- One of 13 nationally designated Pediatric Pharmacology Research Units, which study the safety of new medications for use by children
- Clinical Research Unit allows state-of-the-art facilities for research trials
- One of the 10 leading institutions in the Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute, which also includes the University of Kansas, Midwest Research Institute, University of Missouri-Kansas City and the Stowers Institute
PeopleMenders.com - 2 years ago