We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Process Engineering intern reports to Global Manager of Process Engineering and has primary responsibility to apply both theoretical and practical engineering principles to support functions across the company.
Research, specify, and document specifications for major unit operation equipment in H.B. Fullers plants across the globe. Such equipment would include mixers, heat exchangers, pumps, hold tanks, and other ancillary equipment. The data collected will be organized and be stored in a database for future project reference. Other tasks may include:
- Providing support to more senior process engineers, operations, and R&D personnel in product scale-ups, process improvement, and technology development
- Conducting routine chemical engineering calculations in unit operations analysis in support of adhesives manufacture and process development
- Assisting higher level engineers by performing assigned phases of work in more complex engineering problems
- Researching and addressing root causes of failure in manufacturing operations
- Must be pursuing a BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Must have majority of Junior level coursework complete (e.g., fluid mechanics, heat transfer, reaction kinetics, mass transfer, and junior level unit operations lab)
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, MS Project, MiniTab and AutoCad
- Basic knowledge of Continuous Improvement (CI) concepts (i.e., Kanban, Kaizen, LSS)
- Typical office environment
- Minimal travel
H.B. Fuller - 14 months ago
Welcome to the world of H.B. Fuller! Our company is a leading provider of specialty adhesives and chemical products used to create hundreds...